FFS: Filling Foreign slots

Our problem is that physically many of the current EDS would find it difficult. Against Chelsea a bigger, stronger EDS team they were getting out muscled all the time. I do think A.Garcia and Brahim may be in with a shout and possibly Angelino but need to get stronger and better at defending as a team. It would seem tome we could free up foreign slots by getting rid of: Bony, MDM, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Fernando, Mangala, Nasri, Toure and Cabbalero. That's nine places for next season.

Our problem is that physically many of the current EDS would find it difficult. Against Chelsea a bigger, stronger EDS team they were getting out muscled all the time. I do think A.Garcia and Brahim may be in with a shout and possibly Angelino but need to get stronger and better at defending as a team. It would seem tome we could free up foreign slots by getting rid of: Bony, MDM, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Fernando, Mangala, Nasri, Toure and Cabbalero. That's nine places for next season.

Yea. It would be nice to shift all of those. Some with a boot up their arses and some with an ovation.

17 Non-HG

Geronimo Rulli
Willy Caballero
Bacary Sagna
Vincent Kompany
Aymeric Laporte
Ricardo Rodriguez
Fernando
Fernandinho
Paul Pogba
Toni Kroos
Ilkay Gundogan
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Kevin De Bruyne
Samir Nasri
David Silva
Alexis Sanchez
Sergio Aguero

But people are being to romantic about promoting the EDS'ers. Tosin, the Garcias and Brahim would not be ready for the step up. Both physically and mentally a big challenge to jump such a step.

Tosin marked the new Pele/Ronaldo/Messi out of the game in the youth games, yet in the derby we decided to play a pensioner who was embarrassing and it cost us. If we never give them a chance, we'll never know if they're good enough.

If they're good enough, they're old enough. And if they're not good enough, what exactly are the youth coaches doing

Why oh why are we willing to risk filling Foreign Slots with injured/ injury prone players?

If it is to be believed we are looking at Laporte and Gundogan and already have a squad with the worst injury record this season?

We will finally have crocks like Jovetic off the books but still have Kompany, Nasri, Silva and Zabaleta who are proving to be increasingly injury prone.

I just can't understand why would risk filling a foreign slot with Laporte (Broken leg and dislocated ankle) and Gundogan (dislocated kneecap and serious back problems) - seems absolute madness to me!

Gundogan would be an injury disaster signing who I really hope doesn't happen, add that to the poor kid Laporte with his leg hanging off - when will we bloody learn? ffs

Please excuse me quoting Henry on a SKY site. But he did play for Pep at Barca.

THIERRY SAYS: What you can expect with the resources that Man City have is that some big players are going to come. He usually tries to bring in some players and he has some good players already there, but he will trigger some stuff. One thing I will say is he will bring in some big names.
But something else you can expect is that he will trust his youngsters. Everywhere he has been he hasn't been scared to trust a youngster either from the Academy or he has tried to get a young player on loan like Kingsley Coman. He is on loan from Juventus at Bayern Munich - and he plays him. That's exactly the balance you want sometimes; you have money, but I guess the Man City fans would love to see some youngsters coming through the ranks to play for the first team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.