FFT: 12 reasons why everyone hates Manchester City

To be fair, he's right on some of them.

He is but the usual 'money we generate' gets its usual mention forgetting that they only got it due to be floated on the stock exchange in the first place, invested in expensive players and kicked on from there, the exact thing we now do but are criticised for.
I'll agree with him about the Gallagher brothers though.....

Love the fact we are hated

Hated it when we were everyone's second club

The Rags have gone through the years hating numerous teams, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leeds, Chelsea all who were competing with them for top honours

Me I can only ever hate the Rags

You're always going to get a biased view from both sides when these types of articles get published. Much of what the United fan says is meh and has been done to death previously, and United fans will say the same about the article aimed at them. One glaring difference though is that the United fan comes across as a 12 year old pre-pubescent whereas Toma's article is far more constructive whether you agree with it or not.

I can't be arsed getting wound up about it because it really isn't worth getting wound up about but the one thing I have to disagree with is this notion from the United fan that City fans forever slated United's spending. Now in all my years as a blue, I and pretty much all the other hundreds of City fans I've gotten to know down the years have slagged United for all kinds of things but the amount they've spent on players has never truly been one of them. If anything, it's been an accepted norm amongst us that United have been traditionally big spenders. The only reason why it ever gets brought up these days is when we get slated for our spending since the takeover, otherwise none of us would give a shit about what they spend just as we didn't for decades before ADUG bought us.

You're always going to get a biased view from both sides when these types of articles get published. Much of what the United fan says is meh and has been done to death previously, and United fans will say the same about the article aimed at them. One glaring difference though is that the United fan comes across as a 12 year old pre-pubescent whereas Toma's article is far more constructive whether you agree with it or not.

I can't be arsed getting wound up about it because it really isn't worth getting wound up about but the one thing I have to disagree with is this notion from the United fan that City fans forever slated United's spending. Now in all my years as a blue, I and pretty much all the other hundreds of City fans I've gotten to know down the years have slagged United for all kinds of things but the amount they've spent on players has never truly been one of them. If anything, it's been an accepted norm amongst us that United have been traditionally big spenders. The only reason why it ever gets brought up these days is when we get slated for our spending since the takeover, otherwise none of us would give a shit about what they spend just as we didn't for decades before ADUG bought us.

I don't think anyone had a problem with United spending money. I think the problem was the hypocrisy that the accepted narrative is that United bring all of their players through the academy, while the truth is that they've broken the transfer record more than any other club, by far.

Then when their huge spend is pointed out to them, they change the discussion to "well we earned our money the right way". It's the "some pigs are more equal than others" hypocrisy that people have a problem with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.