Fifa 14

RandomJ

In case you didn't know the Fifa 14 demo is available to download now. I've played through a few games and I must admit my first impression is one of disappointment. I'll go through what I think is good and bad.

Pros

- Player and crowd graphics improved (much more on next gen apparently)
-Can score a better variety of goals now and shooting feels like it has more power behind it rather than it just flying in from stupid distance.
-Commentary been updated and also has (I think it's Jeff Stelling but I could be wrong) introduce the match and pass it to the commentators.
-The menu's seem a lot quicker but I don't know if that's just because this is a stripped down version of the game.

Cons

-This new "realistic movement" feature has all but killed dribbling in the game. Even players with high dribbling stats can't switch direction quickly and beat players. It's also made the game feel a whole lot slower because the players take forever to get the ball under control before they can run with it.
-The shield the ball feature is a lot of crap as well. All you have to do is have a player in the penalty box or near it and shield the ball and the AI will idiotically just keep tugging on your shirt until the ref gives you a free kick or penalty.
-Just haven't done anything drastically different. It's the same as the last games with some shit features clumsily stapled on. The career mode needed to be rebuilt years ago but from reading the info all they've done is revamp the transfer settings.
-They still have those shit mini games before the game. I much preferred when it was just the arena and you could take some shots at the keeper not try and chip it over some cardboard boxes.

EA really need some serious competition in the football game market because they just got lazy and I'm willing to bet when the full game comes out the annoying bugs that have been there in the last 3-4 titles are still there. Will I buy it? Yes because they have me over a barrel as it's the only decent football game out there but as I said this demo has not wowed me in the slightest.

Re: Fifa 14 Demo

Just reading on twitter about someone playing the demo with Spuds, and the commentators saying how Bale will stay with Tottenham, with #Awkward.

Super David Silva 21 said:
Just reading on twitter about someone playing the demo with Spuds, and the commentators saying how Bale will stay with Tottenham, with #Awkward.

Yeah and Suarez is still in the City squad. Thought they'd have at least sorted the transfers before releasing the demo.

gotta say fernandinho is amazing on this. But i agree, that its abit too slow on the dribbling, making the game a little bit boring

I have just played through several games and I am on the fence. I like the more realistic shooting and defending but the OP is right, the new movement system slows things down drastically and makes players like our David seem unable to control a bag of sand (I have played every version of FIFA on Legendary since 2008 and have never lost the ball more than did in these games). I can only imagine what it will be like to play with a League Two team in Career Mode.

I am looking forward to the new scouting system, career mode tweaks, and updated rosters (I never bought FIFA 13 and only played with my friends on their consoles). I guess I'll have to buy it just for those things... But I hope they update the ball control mechanism because it has made the game haphazard.

Last year I played the fifa 13 demo and it was shit. Got the game and it played nothing like the demo, I'm not sure why they do it like this but demos do not reflect the game at all.

Played a few games last night. Scored some great goals with Aguero but apart from that everyone felt really sluggish and slow apart from Navas.

It might be because I haven't played Fifa 13 in a while as well but all of the camera angles seem terrible.

Only played as Barca and City so far. Might give the other teams a go tonight.

Took about 6 hours to download it overnight. Hoping to play a few games tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.