FIFA 17

roj

Downloading the demo. I'd like to try that new be-a-pro thing but it's rags only apparently. I can wait.

I like graphics so also looking forward to seeing the ground.

Practice penalties I've read.

Edit: played it for a bit. Tyler you're a ****. Squads understandably out of date. Game feels good though. Don't think the graphics are massively better.

Last edited:
Been playing the demo earlier, it's all very well done, nice animations too but it's just not as fun as PES, which has always been the difference for me. I can't quite put my finger on why but in PES the goals are that little bit more satisfying when a transition of play you planned goes to plan. Can you tell players where to run in FIFA? I've trying to work out how to do it.

Shame there's no PES2017 PC demo because I want to know if they've improved on the older versions enough(skipped last years).

I didn't like how MyClub seemed to follow the trend of encouraging gambling what is essentially real money in games for a spin on the sign a random new player wheel(FIFA does it too I believe). How are they able to get away with this and why aren't parents kicking up a fuss? They should do away with it or make it in game currency only which is earned by wins.

Been playing the demo earlier, it's all very well done, nice animations too but it's just not as fun as PES, which has always been the difference for me. I can't quite put my finger on why but in PES the goals are that little bit more satisfying when a transition of play you planned goes to plan. Can you tell players where to run in FIFA? I've trying to work out how to do it.

Shame there's no PES2017 PC demo because I want to know if they've improved on the older versions enough(skipped last years).

I didn't like how MyClub seemed to follow the trend of encouraging gambling what is essentially real money in games for a spin on the sign a random new player wheel(FIFA does it too I believe). How are they able to get away with this and why aren't parents kicking up a fuss? They should do away with it or make it in game currency only which is earned by wins.
Press L1 as you're pointing at the player you want to run. He starts running straight at goal for a few paces before AI may decide to move the run a bit, for good or for bad.

Yeah the paying bit is pretty disgusting and that boat's sailed for lots of platforms and genres. Needs checking.

Fifa has been the same generic game for the last 5 years, there's nothing left that makes the game appealing to buy every year. EA are running out of ideas and this 'be a pro' mode is 4 years too late. UFC, WWE and Fight Night were doing those modes long before, and the fact you're forced to play as that random bloke at United is a bit shit.

You can, but it takes a good bit of set up beforehand on the tactics side, it's still fairly static (ie I can make my striker drift to the left during build up play and then tap L1 to make him attack the defensive line, but he'll constantly drift to the left regardless of where the ball is) and it's not really suited to once off games with different teams.

I played the demo last night.

Don't think the graphics have massivley improved, but i thought the controls felt a bit looser. Previous version you knew if you lined up to the goal at a certain angle and hit it, you'd score, this feels like you have to be a bit more precise.

The AI for attackers arcing their runs is good too and allows through balls to actually be more effective.

Shame you can't change the name on "The Journey" feature, but I suppose it has all had to be scripted so one name makes life easier. Surprised you can't change appearance, i.e. Hair / Skin Tone etc. although that could be what they re-hash for Fifa 18 by leaving stuff in reserve now.

Guardiola on the touch line looks good though!

Rags attack is rated as 90. Higher than Real Madrids lol

Rags attack is rated as 90. Higher than Real Madrids lol
Yeah they must have some kind of a deal with EA sports. Shrek has been in the top 10 players in the league every year of the last 6 bar this one while 10/11 was the last time you could make any argument that he was top 10 in real life. Other players have one bad year and lose 3-4 overall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.