[!] File Transfer To New PC

Pearcey

I've just bought a new PC and need to transfer all my files (Including Itunes music) to my new PC... In total it's around 35GB of data... I've tried running Files And Settings Transfer program with XP... but it says I need a serial cable (to connect the 2 PCs) Is this the same as an Ethernet cable? Or will I have to buy a different cable?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Easiest way is to take the hard drive out of the old one, plug it into the motherboard of the new one, as a slave. Boot up and you'll see your old drive as D: then just drag your old stuff across to wherever you want it.

Pearcey said:
I've just bought a new PC and need to transfer all my files (Including Itunes music) to my new PC... In total it's around 35GB of data... I've tried running Files And Settings Transfer program with XP... but it says I need a serial cable (to connect the 2 PCs) Is this the same as an Ethernet cable? Or will I have to buy a different cable?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

It's a piece of piss mate, you simply .....

get the beer in then send me a text when it has chilled sufficiently, I will also teach you how to play Pro Evo coz I'm generous.

Sorted. Thanks to The Doc (Congo)

You ARE the doc!

I owe you a few beers mate, cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.