Film: "Snuff..." (don't read if not interested in docu)

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
"A Documentary About Killing on Camera" to give it it's full title. There's not much that I regret in terms of watchimg documentary, but this may be one of them. Fascinating and horrific in equal measure, it also has a comedic look back to the 70's cinema revulsion through modern eyes.

But, it's the actual footage of real people caught up in their last moments that leaves the soul cold. And it's valid points made that we are not desensitised to death on celluloid when shown real comparative footage.

Is it graphic? I don't know. Some parts, yes. The film as a whole? Hard to say. Is it a film of real journalistic interest or a film for voyeurs? Truly, I don't know if there's a difference. Especially when you feel like you've intruded in on the last moments of people. I know I succumbed to the documentary maker in me to see what the film had to offer. And, part of me regrets it.

Be warned, if you feel my comments have peaked your interest. It's not always the visual aspects that are disturbing.

I saw some of those Faces of Death videos somewhere, but am assured they are faked. I certainly hope they were.

I used to watch some snuff stuff when I was younger and had too much time on my hands as well as a pc in my own room.

I haven't seen faces of death but I thought some were real. Wasn't it Bud Dwyer (or someone) who was a disgraced politician who walked into a press conference and shot himself in the head? I thought that was on those.

Very murky area. Just for sheer morbid curiosity I've watched an online Palestinian suicide bombing - the after effects - in Israel. Not something I'm proud of having seen, but it does demonstrate the reality that British/Western newscasts only hint at. Horrible.

guv said:
Very murky area. Just for sheer morbid curiosity I've watched an online Palestinian suicide bombing - the after effects - in Israel. Not something I'm proud of having seen, but it does demonstrate the reality that British/Western newscasts only hint at. Horrible.

Another point served in the film. How much we're 'shielded'(selective choice of words) from events. The film shows Americans being shot by snipers, as well as man literally shot to bits, by high calibre fire arms.

The Fat el Hombre said:
I used to watch some snuff stuff when I was younger and had too much time on my hands as well as a pc in my own room.

I haven't seen faces of death but I thought some were real. Wasn't it Bud Dwyer (or someone) who was a disgraced politician who walked into a press conference and shot himself in the head? I thought that was on those.

I think the film tries to discuss(loosely, I might add) the term 'snuff' and how it's used, citing similar events like you've described.

There was a video called Executions on general sale about 10 years ago that was really chilling - particulalry the last scene when a fella is shot in the mouth. It was okay though cos it was in documentary format and the narrator said: "you should watch this and be disgusted...and campaign against the death penalty" or something. Oh it were bad though.

total ringo said:
There was a video called Executions on general sale about 10 years ago that was really chilling - particulalry the last scene when a fella is shot in the mouth. It was okay though cos it was in documentary format and the narrator said: "you should watch this and be disgusted...and campaign against the death penalty" or something. Oh it were bad though.

I saw that, wish I hadn't to be honest, was sad with the girls in the dealers house who were in the wrong place at the wrong time and it was caught on cctv.

I remember George Carlin had an awesome bit on torture and the be-headings in Iraq. I wish I could find the clip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.