Finding somewhere to rent

dave55

I'm a man on my own looking for somewhere to rent, i have tried sparerooms.com and the likes but they all seem student based. Can anyone push me in the right direction of flat/apartment to rent fairly cheap in south manchester area?

dave55 said:
I'm a man on my own looking for somewhere to rent, i have tried sparerooms.com and the likes but they all seem student based. Can anyone push me in the right direction of flat/apartment to rent fairly cheap in south manchester area?

Get on to the local councils/housing associations - there's usually plenty of 1 bedroom flats going. (And not all of them are shite!)

dave55 said:

How cheap ?

toby said:
dave55 said:

How cheap ?

what i've seen are around 300-400 a month, so around that

I'd kill for a one bed flat, thing is, my wages are fooking wank and councils are not much help, seems to be nowt down for me. I'll have to get a 2nd job (or a better one with more hrs & pay!)

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
I'd kill for a one bed flat, thing is, my wages are fooking wank and councils are not much help, seems to be nowt down for me. I'll have to get a 2nd job (or a better one with more hrs & pay!)

i just need out of my parents, i'm in the box room and its annoying because its also the "storage room" so everything gets dumped in there. Housing association do some sort of points bidding system, so unless im old or have kids im pretty much buggered. private seems the quickest and easiest route at the moment, even if it does cost a little extra

Why are the council no help?

I was on Manchester Council waiting list for years, as a fall back plan. All I did was give a friends house as a contact address and say I was staying there temporary but he wanted me out and they put me on the list, no questions asked.

They used to just send a letter every six months, asking me to confirm I wanted to stay on the list.

Never once queried why I never applied for any flats but I used to check the list quite often just out of interest and there were always loads going.

When I first moved to Newcastle I was in a house share with other working folk around my age. The place was decent in a student/graduate type of neighbourhood and the rent was very reasonable. It was like being back at uni but a lot tidier and with plenty more money. Within a year I'd got together enough to find a decent flat for me and Mrs Jots. It's a good step if you don't mind living communally for a short while and want out of your folks'.

Try Open Rent. They are online and reliable. Unlike Estate/Letting Agents they do not charge a fortune for credit checks etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.