Grenfell Tower block disaster

Are you saying there aren't enough fire crews to spare 6 - one for each block. Stick one of those ready made portacabins there for a week if would even take that long. The service is stretched and I totally appreciate your point but surely for a week if it even takes that long you could station someone there rather than this uprooting. Offer overtime. Draft in those that manned the green godesses in the army. Qualified first aiders. One fireman from each county in the country.

The police are stretched but in Manchester i saw a greater presence after the arena incident than ever. Permanently stationed at various points. Would it be impossible to do similar rather than move people from their homes into leisure centres
Yes I am. They need to be with their tenders in their stations for other/all calls.

Mate you saw a greater police presence because they were all on 12 hour days for a month! Stretched is understating it! My brother-in-law did 27 12 hour days straight. Then one day off and straight back on it. He's raking it in, but he's fucked. They all are. It's unsustainable.

Are you seriously advocating putting fire fighters in a portakabin for 12 hour shifts without a tender? What could they do other than call the fire brigade and start evacuating...? A group of wardens on each block would be just as useful and far more realistic.

The fire service have said that these blocks are unsafe for various reasons. What this council are doing is listening and acting. Something the government and Kensington council have not.

If I was in one of these blocks and discovered that it had this cladding and other issues, there are it seems more issues than just the cladding btw, then I would appreciate the offer of getting out for a few weeks while they sort it.

I actually thought it quite poignant that we got to see all those families walking out of those blocks tonight, compared to watching others burn last week.

Inconvenience or death? It's a tricky one.

Yes I am. They need to be with their tenders in their stations for other/all calls.

Mate you saw a greater police presence because they were all on 12 hour days for a month! Stretched is understating it! My brother-in-law did 27 12 hour days straight. Then one day off and straight back on it. He's raking it in, but he's fucked. They all are. It's unsustainable.

Are you seriously advocating putting fire fighters in a portakabin for 12 hour shifts without a tender? What could they do other than call the fire brigade and start evacuating...? A group of wardens on each block would be just as useful and far more realistic.

The fire service have said that these blocks are unsafe for various reasons. What this council are doing is listening and acting. Something the government and Kensington council have not.

If I was in one of these blocks and discovered that it had this cladding and other issues, there are it seems more issues than just the cladding btw, then I would appreciate the offer of getting out for a few weeks while they sort it.

I actually thought it quite poignant that we got to see all those families walking out of those blocks tonight, compared to watching others burn last week.

Inconvenience or death? It's a tricky one.

Good point well made to be fair. Seen as a knee jerk reaction which it probably is but safety first.

Maybe. And I'm just throwing this out there. They have got wind of a terrorist group discussing how setting fire to one of these flawed / unsafe buildings would cause a huge loss of life.
We have seen how terror attacks have evolved from planted bombs to suicide bombers to driving vehicles at people.
Unfortunatly we are living in a world where anything is a target if a huge loss of life is the potential outcome.

I just find it strange to evacuate 800 homes on a Friday night in London. If they are just doing this due to the fire risk, then there could potentially be hundreds of tower blocks evacuated over the coming days.

I've thought this too, the press have put it out there which blocks have the suspect classing so what's to stop a terrorist organisation identifying this?

Doesn't require the planning or manufacture of a bomb like Manchester did or even the renting of a van like London. They simply need to walk to a petrol station with a couple of Jerry Cans soak the one of the floors or an empty flat with Petrol and you have another Tinder box like Grenfell. This was an accident that killed 3-4 times as many as Manchester, so I wouldn't be surprised if a terrorist threat was identified. It's not something the Government would want to publicise either as it would cause mass hysteria amongst anyone living in a tower block.

Liz Kershaw on sky paper review scathing of Camden council, she went into Swiss Cottage leiure centre for a pee and they threw her out for talking to residents, said the elderly and the ill with pets have not been put into hotels as none in London will take them and they are squatting on matresses or on chairs and have been given a Danish pastry to eat, this is getting farcical, safety first must apply but some planning needs putting in place here

Liz Kershaw on sky paper review scathing of Camden council, she went into Swiss Cottage leiure centre for a pee and they threw her out for talking to residents, said the elderly and the ill with pets have not been put into hotels as none in London will take them and they are squatting on matresses or on chairs and have been given a Danish pastry to eat, this is getting farcical, safety first must apply but some planning needs putting in place here

Course she just went for a pee.

Well all the council needed to do was put someone on each floor of those buildings on fire watch , there seems to be enough of Camden council employees in day glo jackets milling about. Maybe the head of Camden council who made this decision could do a a stint overnight ,it might give her time to really think thru a plan, all she has done is put her paper knickers on and cover her arse

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.