First Huntalaar, now Diarra...

Thanx4Knives said:
He left Chelsea and Arsenal for first team football, when Real have a fully fit squad he wont get a look in cause he aint better than what they've got!!

I have to disagree. If you consider that their first choice central midfielder partnership is Guti and Mo Diarra (with Gago in the mix somewhere) then he is certainly better than those two clowns.

Time to move on. If we are being completely honest with ourselves, can you blame the lad for going to Madrid over City? I know I cant.

Money talks, but not enough in this case. There are plenty of players that will hear its seductive call though....

I dont wish to sound negative but this could be the start of many dissapointments for us in the transfer market.

People say 'we can afford to pay him more than anybody else',but to a multi millionaire footballer who earns shit loads, an extra £15-£20k a week is nothing.

somervillain said:
The takeaway from this is that City clearly had players it wanted more than those two.

Not necessarily. Diarra made it clear thet Madrid would be his first choice. Not alot City could do about that even if they wanted to. We will however have a Plan B.........

scorer said:
Hmmm now, who do I want to Join... Real Madrid or Manchester City??

Champions League football or at best Premiership football (maybe championship)

Am I in need of loads more money or will the Madrid deal set me up nicely enough....

Get the point.. we are not an attractive proposition at the moment to quality players, to the likes of RSC and Warnock we are the dogs bollocks... sinking in yet?

You've missed the point spectacularly, as it happens. Along with a lot of others.

How long has Diarra been mooted? 3 months? How long has Diarra been injured? 2 months? How long has Ramos been at Madrid? About a week?

The point is, if interest in Diarra is genuine, then we should have bid months ago when he first got injured and it was clear he would never play for pompey before Christmas i.e. BEFORE Madrid got involved. To let it go this long and lose out on the player is a joke.

svennis pennis said:
Yeh lets sack the team that have more than likely signed up a few players already but unlike Madrid dont need to shout how big their metaphorical cocks are.

.....and the signing of Robinho was purely low key event to keep Jo and Elano happy.

If anybody is shouting how big their metaphorical cocks are, it is us. What's worse is, in reality it's a tiddler....

both cook and hughes were reported yesterday saying along the lines of 'we will pay, but if people think we are a gravy train, we will walk away'

as diarra has a history of asking for huge wages i can easily imagine what might have happened here, can't you?

in other words, LOLZ @ the people thinking we've had it before the window has even opened.
reminds me of the posts in the summer about the imminent fire sale, about 24hrs before kompany zab and sweep turned up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.