Fishing

Seems like a very interactive way of fishing. You're in the water (so need to add waders to my list) sussing out the situation, the flow, the prey. I think the flies are pretty hypnotising though. The skill you need to get it to land just right. That sort of thing, better for me than watching a float bob up and down
You should consider tyeing your own flies. £1 each these days at retail prices.

Seems like a very interactive way of fishing. You're in the water (so need to add waders to my list) sussing out the situation, the flow, the prey. I think the flies are pretty hypnotising though. The skill you need to get it to land just right. That sort of thing, better for me than watching a float bob up and down
Ain't quite like that but get what you mean, lots of commercial fisheries these days, no waders necessary, brilliant way to spend few hours in evening, different flies for different evenings dependant on weather, frustrating as fuck mind

Fly fishing is pretty much the only typ of fishing I don't do, but I suggest you go to a decent tackle shop. They will sort you out properly, instead of some shitty toy you might get off the internet.

Fly fishing is a skill that takes years to master. It's all very dependent on where you are fishing and the time of year. All other forms are much easier. My dad is into it in a big way but it's difficult to find the right places especially if you want true wild fish.

I think you need to find some sort of introductory course.

I'm sure my friend brought a starter kit for Fly Fishing for around £80, He got it from our local reservoir (Oxford).
Not my type of fishing I'm into Carp fishing and off to France on Saturday to fish a very high profile lake with some high profile anglers got lucky to be out there as the same time as them. And so looking forward to it .

I'm sure my friend brought a starter kit for Fly Fishing for around £80, He got it from our local reservoir (Oxford).
Not my type of fishing I'm into Carp fishing and off to France on Saturday to fish a very high profile lake with some high profile anglers got lucky to be out there as the same time as them. And so looking forward to it .
Where you fishing, Ox? Seem to remember discussing it with you before.

I had a 46-4 mirror in May from a Norfolk Gravel pit. Smashed my PB to smithereens. Caught a shark in cornwall last week too.

I'm off to Gigantica! If you see Kordas update on Facebook last week there was spaces for 2 to go out there whilst there filming the next series of Monster Carp so me and my mate are going as we've been plenty of times before. And know some of the guys already. Be out there Ali Hamidi Neil Spooner and Tom Dove. Looking forward to it, Hopefully learn abit on the way too.
I've been fishing Linear recently and still stuck in the mid 30's for a uk pb.

I'm off to Gigantica! If you see Kordas update on Facebook last week there was spaces for 2 to go out there whilst there filming the next series of Monster Carp so me and my mate are going as we've been plenty of times before. And know some of the guys already. Be out there Ali Hamidi Neil Spooner and Tom Dove. Looking forward to it, Hopefully learn abit on the way too.
I've been fishing Linear recently and still stuck in the mid 30's for a uk pb.

I thought it might be there. Should be a good laugh having a beer with those lads and getting their help. I've always liked and rated Tom Dove for some reason.

Jealous of you pal.

You need to talk to @snorky . He's fishing right now though. Check out Cabella's on line, they do starter kits and would ship to the UK

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.