Fishing

NQT said:
stonie said:
my lad after going fishing in France has expressed an interest in the hobby,not being a fisherman myself im just wondering where he should start and what to buy,dont want to overspend at this stage as you know what kids can be like and could just be a passing fad but you have to give them a chance and see where it goes............

Sitting in the cold and the rain for hours bored and waiting for something to happen. Sounds like the second half of last season[/quote

LMFAO. If I had spent eight/nine hours waiting for a fish, I wouldn't be putting the little sod back, I would kick it's arse up and down the bank!

NQT said:
stonie said:
my lad after going fishing in France has expressed an interest in the hobby,not being a fisherman myself im just wondering where he should start and what to buy,dont want to overspend at this stage as you know what kids can be like and could just be a passing fad but you have to give them a chance and see where it goes............

Sitting in the cold and the rain for hours bored and waiting for something to happen. Sounds like the second half of last season

And all the season before. Quote of the week!

Couldn't you introduce him to watching paint dry. You can do it indoors, it's much cheaper and much more fun.

Will have a pissed up chat about it when i get home if you want? better tell you all the technical stuff before you start dribbling about ten oclock!

Heathens, the lot of you.

Fishing is the sport of kings.

It's a wonderful hobby that catches you for life if you start as a boy. Get him to start on the small stuff. Buy him some basic kit - you will get him all kitted out for less than £100. But don't buy some stupid starter kit from Aldi or whatever - it won't be up to the job. Go to a decent tackle shop and tell the bloke what you need. The staff will look after you.

If he is interested in nature and excited by things like hunting frogs, building dams, exploring rockpools etc then it could be the best present you ever buy him.

blueju said:
Will have a pissed up chat about it when i get home if you want? better tell you all the technical stuff before you start dribbling about ten oclock!

i was dribbling well before 8 oclock on sunday after the match

Prestwich_Blue said:
NQT said:
stonie said:

Sitting in the cold and the rain for hours bored and waiting for something to happen. Sounds like the second half of last season

And all the season before. Quote of the week!

Couldn't you introduce him to watching paint dry. You can do it indoors, it's much cheaper and much more fun.

Typical quote from someone who knows nothing about it.

Like when girls say "football is just men kicking a lump of leather around".

You have no soul, mate, Stick to golf. You deserve each other.

Dont forget he'll need a licence depending on where he's going fishing, we used to get in right trouble with the wardens when me and some friends went as kids! Just get him a starter set and a good fishing tackle box, a toolbox with wheels will do, one that you can sit on too! I've not been fishing for many years now but I did enjoy it when I did.

stonie said:
yeah i dont want to over spend as you know what kids can be like with their fads....

I got into fishing on a £20 set from spain, fishing in the harbour. As I progressed I bought new kit and got better, just make sure you get him some decent line. I remember one of the fisherman coming over and laughing at my line, it was thick as rope, he gave me a free reel of line and I was much more successful! Its the small gestures you remember the most.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.