Five years that's all we got.

'll give you Kante. I really disagree that we should be better than them. How can we be better when our defence is a an absolute shambles. There are other problems too

depends if you believe scoring goals or stopping goals is the key to success.

To clarify, it's a very easy statement to make. On the face of it we should be.

Conte has come in and done what Pep has failed to do, which is immediately achieve success. In fairness, he's done it without the burden of champs league football and with a much younger squad from day one.

But, we're to believe Pep is building for the future, so we'll take the short term loss for long term gains. But we've implemented a system that does not play to the strengths of a lot of our current squad and it's why i wanted Maffeo, Garcia etc given time in the system rather than Sagna, Fernandinho etc. I was happy to take the lost points on the chin, but I still think doing it with Clichy etc was pointless and if we insisted on playing players that cannot play the system, we should have scaled back the implementation of the system.

If it's been the right approach, we'll find out in 3-5 years I guess when we compare what we've done to Chelsea and the rags success in that period(as we all had a new coach this year).
That's my point. Players like Toure, Zabaleta, Sagna, Clichy have gone. On top of that Kompany has been out injured. All defensive players. And then add the keeper situation. You can't compare the jobs the managers have got on their plate, although I think Conte has done a brilliant job

depends if you believe scoring goals or stopping goals is the key to success.
In anyone's book you have to be able to defend. We can't, and on top of that we have problems scoring too. Not Guardiola's fault but a squad that is too old and unbalanced

In anyone's book you have to be able to defend. We can't, and on top of that we have problems scoring too. Not Guardiola's fault but a squad that is too old and unbalanced

Too old and complimented by players that are young and inexperienced.

We could do with signing some players in the 24-27 age group in the summer.

Many of us think like a Jackpot Lottery Winner ,yes we should remember the days when we had a pre-payment meter ,bought our clothes at Matalan and drove a 1988 Skoda Estelle but we need to change our mindset to that of serial winners . We should not be embarrassed by being at the top table. All our new found wealth is meaningless if it is not matched by trophies.

All our new found wealth is meaningless if it is not matched by trophies.

For who? It's not meaningless for me. It's certainly not meaningless for nearly all of the friends who I consider to be supporters. None of them have ever said to me "you know what, this Mansour takeover thing - it's a bit shit. Means nothing to me because we didn't win the league".

I've said it before. Our owners don't have the same trophy-lust that some of our more 'enlightened' posters do. They don't just want to win, they want to win a certain way. That may take longer, mean less trophies, but I for one won't be complaining as I don't feel entitled to anything or like i'm owed something by our great owners.

For who? It's not meaningless for me. It's certainly not meaningless for nearly all of the friends who I consider to be supporters. None of them have ever said to me "you know what, this Mansour takeover thing - it's a bit shit. Means nothing to me because we didn't win the league".

I've said it before. Our owners don't have the same trophy-lust that some of our more 'enlightened' posters do. They don't just want to win, they want to win a certain way. That may take longer, mean less trophies, but I for one won't be complaining as I don't feel entitled to anything or like i'm owed something by our great owners.
Beat me to it!

to be ABLE to defend is quite subjective, i honestly think that if we took our chances properly this season we'd be in the mix (and had a couple of the pens we should have had). Our defence has been poor but improvements at the scoring end would out weigh improvements at the defending end. Says I.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.