Fleetwood sack Uwe.

Its been a shock to me that Fleetwood have parted company with Uwe, and I'm sad for him. I go to Fleetwood weekly as my son plays for their academy. For the guy who called Fleetwood a cow pat of a club can not be further from the truth. Its one of the best run clubs in the English leagues. I think something must of happened behind the scenes for it to have got that bad so quickly. Some friends said last week that there were rumours some of the senior players were not happy.

I thought Uwe was a very good fit for Fleetwoods operating model, which was to buy cheap and bring in young lads and sell on players for good profit. Its very difficult to operate this model year to year. Since last seasons playoff finish, they have sold their best 4 players (Ball, McCloughlin, Bell and Cole) They have brought in a few players too but also had to struggle with a lot of injuries. Considering they drew at home with Leicester to get a replay not so many games ago, it seems mad that a manager who is at the bottom of the same league gets a home draw against a prem team is seen as a hero, yet Uwe has done similar results and it seems harsh for him to get the bullet now. The circumstances of the recent losses have been harsh too with very late goals conceded from a pile up of fixtures against top league sides included. I think he publicly rinsed a player for not performing in a recent game, so things like that don't go down well in the changing room.

I will ask around this weekend for more info on what happened and update you soon.

Its been a shock to me that Fleetwood have parted company with Uwe, and I'm sad for him. I go to Fleetwood weekly as my son plays for their academy. For the guy who called Fleetwood a cow pat of a club can not be further from the truth. Its one of the best run clubs in the English leagues. I think something must of happened behind the scenes for it to have got that bad so quickly. Some friends said last week that there were rumours some of the senior players were not happy.

I thought Uwe was a very good fit for Fleetwoods operating model, which was to buy cheap and bring in young lads and sell on players for good profit. Its very difficult to operate this model year to year. Since last seasons playoff finish, they have sold their best 4 players (Ball, McCloughlin, Bell and Cole) They have brought in a few players too but also had to struggle with a lot of injuries. Considering they drew at home with Leicester to get a replay not so many games ago, it seems mad that a manager who is at the bottom of the same league gets a home draw against a prem team is seen as a hero, yet Uwe has done similar results and it seems harsh for him to get the bullet now. The circumstances of the recent losses have been harsh too with very late goals conceded from a pile up of fixtures against top league sides included. I think he publicly rinsed a player for not performing in a recent game, so things like that don't go down well in the changing room.

I will ask around this weekend for more info on what happened and update you soon.

Thanks.

It would be interesting to hear.

John Sheridan appointed.
He was sacked by Notts County for gross misconduct last season after this epic rant at the officials. If the players couldn't cope with Uwe having a pop fuck knows what they'll think of Sheridan.

The FA made public the foul and abusive comments made by Sheridan towards referee Eddie Ilderton and fourth official Matthew Donohue during December’s match with Wycombe.

The report revealed details of Sheridan saying to Donohue: “You’re a fucking ****. A ****”, before shouting at Ilderton: “You’re a fucking disgrace, you’re a fucking useless ... you’ve not fucking got anything right today, you should be fucking ashamed, you’re fucking shit, my kids aren’t going to get any fucking Christmas presents because of fucking you”.

He was sacked by Notts County for gross misconduct last season after this epic rant at the officials. If the players couldn't cope with Uwe having a pop fuck knows what they'll think of Sheridan.

The FA made public the foul and abusive comments made by Sheridan towards referee Eddie Ilderton and fourth official Matthew Donohue during December’s match with Wycombe.

The report revealed details of Sheridan saying to Donohue: “You’re a fucking ****. A ****”, before shouting at Ilderton: “You’re a fucking disgrace, you’re a fucking useless ... you’ve not fucking got anything right today, you should be fucking ashamed, you’re fucking shit, my kids aren’t going to get any fucking Christmas presents

Lower league manager merry-go-round rather than BFS etc as Prem merry-go-rounders.

His one claim to fame is keeping Oldham up & that's it.

I know a lady whose son is in the youth set up and they seemed to be doing things the correct way but then move back 10 years with Sheridan...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.