Florida - Most cost effective way to visit..

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cityisland, 14 May 2017.

1. DiscoSteve

DiscoSteve

TWAT . . . . . . . . . Posts:
    Did it for about a grand for two of us for two weeks.... in 1989

You need to go to Discovery Cove and do the Swimming with Dolphins thing - blows away anything Disney can offer - over a grand for the day for five of you though

BTW either you're going to break the law and take your kids out of school I assume - or they're all under school age, in which case its a waste of time as they won't remember it...

2. adr2.8i

adr2.8i

Father, Lover, and Buffoon
    the wife and i have been twice (before the sprogs were born) and i can highly recommend January/Feb as a great time to go. Parks were quiet, hardly any queues and the weather was lovely and warm and its about the cheapest time of the year to go, or used to be but we havent been since 2008!

i have friends who go every year and i have no idea how they afford it!

occasionally i have a look around and price it up with the 2 kids and its eye wateringly expensive! The state of the pound doesnt help either.

3. Manc in London

Manc in London

I see. I do know of direct flights to Tampa from LGW with BA. BA also fly to Fort Lauderdale from some airport in London. Wasn't too sure about flying from Ringway.

Tbh, it's often worth flying from London in some instances.

Glad you confirmed Tampa is easier to get through than MCO. MCO immigration is a mission.

4. Danamy

Danamy

Just booked to go again next year, we always book and share a villa with friends which makes it cheaper, the park ticket prices are insane but it comes with the territory. The memories and the picture of the kids faces is priceless so worth every penny.

Definitely going back to Clearwater for a day, it's heaven on earth, we'll probably do the Dolphin trip this time which has been recommended, the Dibb forum is a good shout for first timers which is full of tips and good for trip planning.

5. Rammy Blue

Rammy Blue

Discovery Cove is amazing mate, an incredible experience and very chilled day out.

6. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

A day? A day in Clearwater!
    Let me know when you are coming.... if I am off work and you are bringing kids, I can book them tickets at a Florida residents rate (but can't do it for adults as you have to show Florida ID)

7. Crouchinho

Crouchinho

Laying in bed
    What's so special about Disney World? People go here too and spends thousands. Lining up in the hot hot sun to go on some rides? Am I missing something?!

8. Barcon

Barcon

Canada's wonderland pisses all over it mate.

9. Ted_Bovis

Ted_Bovis

Norwegian Air is pretty competitive for flight costs and also they use Dreamliners. Worth looking at them for prices. Often they don't show on comparison websites

10. Crouchinho

Crouchinho

Laying in bed
    Arrgh my nieces go there and line up for donkeys. I can just about handle centre island and the X once a year. Bloody kids!!