Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread - Demo Out Now

Re: Football Manager 2012 - Official Thread

sounds just like last season with easier functionality then.

The thing I want the most is the same system for transfer fee negotiations as with contracts, as I hate having to wait ages to agree a fee but able to sort a contract out in 10 seconds.

I'd also like more conversational options with players/other managers/staff to build relationships and pre-season tours to be done properly.

I hope the spped up the game time when your managing a national team! Fiar boring waiting ages, normally between November - March while your waiting to play again fellas like forever!

Bit more stuff i have found this morning.

FM12 blogs - GUI pt 1

When you have a game with as much detail, and as many options in it like the Football Manager series, the interface between the person playing the game and the computer, known as the GUI (Graphical User Interface) is very important. Without it, you wouldn’t be able to find anything on the screen, so it’d all be a bit pointless.

I’ve often spoken previously about the work that we do with usability companies to try and improve the interface and make it easier for you, the people who play the game, to navigate around, and of course we’ve done that this year. We also have some code that has been tracking our testers and beta testers use of the interface, to see which screens they visit and how they get there, and all of this work has led to what I think is a more streamlined experience.

For those who’ve been playing the series for years, this years’ interface might take a little while to get used to – a few options have moved, there are some new menus, and a clearer split between “club” actions and “squad” actions and screens, but, essentially, everything is now more obvious to find.

We’ve also added something we dub “adaptive layout”. You can see a video of this at [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/sigames#p/u/19/9iTXka94ePc[/youtube], but this means that the higher the resolution you play the game in, the more information you can get on screen, with less “white space” in the game. We encourage you to change the games resolution until you find the right amount of information on the screen for you.

The key screens where these changes are noticeable is on the overview screens. These are like the manager homepage that was
added a while back, but now include profiles for clubs, players, nations and more, and add more or less panels according to the resolution. These new profiles have also been made the default for player profiles, for example, but if you want to be a luddite and live in the past, you can change it in the preferences to go to the player attributes screen instead.

On the squad screen, and most screens with columns, you can add and remove columns to your hearts’ content, to really have the interface the way you want it to.

In the spirit of configurability, and as we’re regularly asked on our forums how to change some of the text colours in the game and in particular the colours of the attribute values, we’ve now made this easier too.

The way to do this before was by manually extracting and editing an xml file which isn’t the easiest to explain to people who just want to change a few colours. We’ve now got a simple Attribute Colours panel in the Preferences screen where you can pick your own colours for these and some of the other colours used throughout the game.

We’ve also changed the way you navigate using the Back and Forward arrow buttons. Previously, clicking on them would go through the different players or teams etc. that you’d visited, rather than the different sections within each player or team. So, if you had gone from the team Squad screen to a player’s Profile, and then gone to look at his contract details, clicking on the Back arrow would take you back to the squad screen, which doesn’t really make much sense in this world of people being used to web browsers.

Now if you click Back, it will go back to his Profile, and then clicking it again would take you back to the Squad screen.

However, much like web browsers, if you hold down the back arrow, the last 25 panels you’ve visited are there, so you can just go straight to the one on the list you want to go to. Or, if you want to be a luddite, you can change the system back to what we had in fm2011 in the preferences…

There are also huge changes to way that you can search for players and staff in the game, with a much more powerful filtering system. There are some new ones in there, but it’s a lot easier, and quicker, to filter to find exactly the kind of player and staff that you want to sign.

This is one of those features that is quite difficult to describe in words so here are some screenshots that show you how it works.

6188100911_a52f0803e7.jpg

6188621962_24dba46ba3.jpg

6188622580_8f78196f30.jpg

6188622934_c267a8b6e5.jpg

It should also be mentioned that the list updates dynamically now as you change your search parameters.

And whilst we’re in screenshot mode, tomorrow’s blog will be a little bit different to the others. No video blog. Not much being written, just lots and lots of screenshots for features we’ve already talked about. And maybe some we haven’t, but will be in the coming weeks…

You can discuss this blog here: <a class="postlink" href="http://community.sigames.com/showthr...dback-GUI-pt-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://community.sigames.com/showthr...dback-GUI-pt-1</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/275805-FM12-blogs-GUI-pt-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://community.sigames.com/showthread ... s-GUI-pt-1</a>

Gstack166 said:
I hope the spped up the game time when your managing a national team! Fiar boring waiting ages, normally between November - March while your waiting to play again fellas like forever!

Hope this answers your question Gstack

Hello again everyone, and welcome back to the Football Manager 2012 blogs.

Today I’m going to talk about international, rather than club, management, and the new features and changes we’ve made in this area.

For a start, we’ve tried to make it so that there’s a little bit more to do, and see, when you’re managing an international side. This includes an increased amount of news, and a better replication of what an international manager does between matches, as well as making the build up to tournaments a bit more exciting.

As an example of this, we’ve added provisional international squads to the game for the first time. This means that in advance of the major tournament, you can name a squad of up to 30 players, where applicable.

But how do you choose which of the players to then drop from the 30 to the 23? By having friendlies before said tournaments, of course. You should be able to fit in 3 or 4 into the time allocated to these in advance of having to name your final squad.

The media in real life love speculating about who is going to be in the squad, so a week before the preliminary squad announced, you’ll get a news item telling you who is injured or suspended, so might not feature.

You’ll also find increased news items during the tournament too, but I’ll leave you to discover those for yourself!

Both in and away from tournaments, there’s a lot more feedback on how the youth international teams are doing and who is performing well, so help indicate who you might like to move into the main squad.

There are also lots of new international manager press conference questions, to add more depth to that part of managing an international team.

In time for the Olympics, we’ve added in under 23 managers, and tried to improve the squad selection process so that overage players are included, but still with the club managers being allowed to refuse for them to be in the squad.

Nations also now have an overview screen, with information such as the countries nickname, population, rival nations, formation year, when they joined the world governing body, the managers profile, when the next match is, their current world ranking, major clubs in the country, major transfers, top players and a world ranking history throughout the time you are playing Football Manager 2012.

We’ve also added in a few new international competitions, and not just inside the game, but have also added the ability to put more of these kinds of competitions into the game via the data & competitions editor. Some examples of these would include the East Asian football federation cup qualifiers, the Pacific games, an expansion of the Gold Cup, the ASEAN football championship and the Asian Games.

And we’ve added the new rules regarding international allegiance for players, so those that have only played in friendlies can still choose to declare to play for another nation that they qualify for.

One thing that’s become more prevalent in real life is also the bidding process for tournaments, with more interest from both the media and the public regarding bids for international tournaments, with 3 different types of news for this process for the invitation for putting in bids, the bids deadline, and the host announcement – plus some club related touches which I’ll go into a little bit in the miscellaneous blogs.

The successful bidders in these tournaments even look at building new stadiums now if their country is selected to host a major tournament.

But my personal favourite of the international management new features is one that was, erm, ripped off from something that we at SI did for the mirrorfootball website in advance of the previous world cup, providing you information on players to watch out for in the forthcoming big tournaments depending on which nations or competitions you’re subscribed to.

Oh, and don’t forget that the team report which was discussed in the recent scouting blog is available for all international managers too. And there’s a new international round up screen for club managers, so you can see more information on how your international players have performed whilst they’ve been away playing for their country!

You can discuss this blog here: <a class="postlink" href="http://community.sigames.com/showthr...nal-Management" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://community.sigames.com/showthr...nal-Management</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/275749-FM12-blogs-international-management" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://community.sigames.com/showthread ... management</a>

Good to hear about the international management. I like to mix both club and international management but outside the world cup/euros it gets a bit boring

Few video's for you FM freaks.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuCsM9pvV80&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/sigamesofficial#p/f/0/fuwxp9yRbZQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsDy5f6S9Ao[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2hoTOrSpN4[/youtube]

I just hope they fix getting the same team that you are playing in the league in the cup game just before or after the league match. I hate playing the same team twice in a row all the time and its not like it ever happens in real life. Its just so unrealistic. :P

adamgregory said:
I usually become a bit of a journeyman, start off in Germany win everything, move to a team in italy then spain and hold out for City at the end, win everything with us and then retire. I'm liking the idea of taking a team from blue square up.

lol this is exactly the way i like to play, which is why i h8 it when city win trophies in fm manager, i'll never be able to eventually manage them.

TheMoonIsRising said:
what teams do you guys normally play with ?

Didn't really play FM11 much, did one season with City where I won everything but I never really got into it like the others. Normally try starting with County, normally do pretty well getting them to the Prem etc.

Completely forgot about FM! Going to give Napoli a try when it's out. Then either Valencia or a side seriously needing taking up to the PL like Notts Forest.

Football Manager 2012 Demo To Be Released This Weekend

Time to kiss your loved ones goodbye...
October 05, 2011 by Alex Winehouse

* Share33

Football Manager 2012 Demo To Be Released This Weekend
Sell Tickets

Sports Interactive have announced that the demo version of Football Manager 2012 should be released in time for this coming weekend (Oct 8).

Traditionally, the demo version is brought out two weeks before the game's full release, and this year proves no different.

The company tweeted: "That's right, we're pleased to announce that #FM12 is now officially gold and will release on Oct 21st! Demo planned for weekend."

Players will be able to play half of a season, which should then lead nicely to the game's official release, at which point wives will lose husbands, jobs will be forgotten about, and life for hundreds of thousands of people will come grinding to a halt.

Football Manager 2012 is released on Mac and PC on October 21, with a PSP version being released on October 28.

So we are looking at Saturday for the release of the demo, and you can continue to play your demo game when the full version comes out.

Think there will be a few occupied people this weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.