Football's greatest pregnant pause!

fbloke

Well we are there, almost.

Am I alone in thinking that the season of 2011/11 will go down as the longest pregnant pause in the clubs (or any clubs) history?

The squad haven't quite clicked and we have all waited for the game where we do, and give someone a thrashing.

Mancini has worked under the spotlight and in some cases the expectation of him being moved on. Is he just keeping the seat warm for A N Other?

We are still waiting for that MEGA signing, the one that proves we are who we think we are - perhaps that is directly related to the previous point?

I sense that a lot of Blues are waiting to be dumped out of the cups so we can get the CL qualification place sorted, another pregnant pause there.

Off field it has been even more of a waiting game, with excavations, remediations and consultations aplenty - more waiting.

In a way it seems that this season is viewed by a lot of people as either a false dawn or a pregnant pause, with more to come.

Perhaps that is why attendances have been slightly disappointing? Too many dont want to get emotionally involved with Roberto and his team as they expect changes?

My thoughts are that this season is the real deal and we should get our heads around it, although the waiting for things can be tortuous!!

Sorry fbloke. I have to disagree on just about every point.

I don't even think it's the longest pregnant pause of our last 20 years. I think the days of talking about wanting a "MEGA star" are over - we no longer want one galactico to have the team revolve around. We tried that with Robinho and it didn't work, then we tried with Tevez and it worked but we realised that it meant that without him we were terrible. Now we have moved on and have a team that is slowly beginning to work properly in each department. Sure, we still need signings, to improve the quality of some areas and to reinforce others, i.e. a back-up for Silva, but we are past the days of wanting to buy, say, Messi for the sole reason that "when we buy him we will become the world's best team". We're doing it as a team now, and the board and club are focused around buying young players (remember the promise that City are only interested in players under the age of 27). Those who say that Mancini is just there as a filler say it because they want Mourinho. I have no idea if in 20 years we will look back and say that Jose was our manager at some point, but I bet if he takes over from Mancini he will not be the messiah everyone proclaims - he might win a lot and make us a top top team, but you can bet that within a few months this board will be crying out at how negative and boring his tactics are, and some will be screaming for him to be replaced because of them for a Hughes/Keegan-type manager, even if we are winning things. As for people not turning up because they don't want to get attached to Mancini, that's an utterly ridiculous thought. If that's the case then I hope they stop turning up full stop because no fan should be a fan of a manager and not care about the team. Goodness only knows how those "fans" survived under Pearce.

I can't tell if people are on a wind up or just generally depressed idiots who know nothing about football. Seeing as it's fbloke I'll give you the benefit but BM is bloody depressing these days. If we do lose tonight (0-1 HT) then I think I'll just go and hide in "Off Topic."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.