For those that saw both live who was better?

Colin Bell

After due consideration

If he’d been under Pep’s tutoring he’d have been as good as Messi.

Old fella always said Bell was best he’s seen for City but about a year ago he changed his mind to Silva

I never got to see bell but my late dad called bell the “complete” footballer, if silva could add goalscoring to his otherwise perfect game then maybe he’d be “complete” aswell??
He would be talked about alongside Messi. My one criticism of Silva is that he hasn't dragged us over the line in games where we've been misfiring anywhere near often enough. Tevez, Yaya & Aguero have done this far more often. I always think there's more in Silva than even we seen. Whereas we saw the very best of Bell so many times.

Colin Bell was totally different to Silva. He was the complete midfielder. KDB is the nearest thing to Bell I have seen. If KDB keeps up his current form for another five years he will be better than Bell in my view..but he hasn't won anything yet. Silver is a creative genius. We have never had anyone as skilful as him.

He would be talked about alongside Messi. My one criticism of Silva is that he hasn't dragged us over the line in games where we've been misfiring anywhere near often enough. Tevez, Yaya & Aguero have done this far more often. I always think there's more in Silva than even we seen. Whereas we saw the very best of Bell so many times.

I know what you’re saying
The game away v Hull when we went down to 10 was one of the best individual performances I’ve ever seen though

Of course Colins biggest asset was his running ability. In an era of heavy pitches this was a great advantage. The timing of his runs meant he was a goalscoring midfielder, and he was a cool finisher. He was also good in the air. His only weakness in my eyes was that he was very one footed. Such were his strengths this was mainly overlooked. His tackling was outstanding particularly the slide tackle ( younger fans will not have experienced these).
Silva has of course a better first touch, movement that is unsurpassed in the modern game and vision to kill for.
Cannot compare them but lucky and priveledged to have watched both.

I think Bell was more in the mould of De Bruyne, he could get up and down the field like no other player. He was a an all round midfielder , goal scorer, fantastic athlete. I remember reading once that he could inflate a hot water bottle like a balloon his lungs were that strong. Different player to Silva and in answer to your question no idea who was the best both great players.

Even though it is mine! Loving this thread. No clear winner and trying to imagine what bell was like.

Bell scored with both feet as well as being excellent in the air. That said, Silva wins an inordinate amount of headers for a man his size.

Who would I back though, were I forced to choose a player to win us a massively impoortant game - that’s easy: YaYa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.