For those that saw both live who was better?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by worsleyweb, 6 Nov 2017.

1. JGL07

JGL07

I first saw Colin Bell play at Maine Road for Bury. He scored to put Bury ahead before Harry Dowd came back on with his arm in a sling to equalise for City.

Bell was the most complete player you will ever find. He could make crunching tackles, lung bursting runs and score more goals than most strikers.

Silva is a very different player but equally crucial to City. He would probably have been crippled by the likes of Norman Hunter back in the 1960s or 1970s. He is a real joy to watch and probably has many years ahead of him at the highest level.

2. Nightmare Walking

Nightmare Walking

Who is the best trio, Bell, Lee and Summerbee or Silva, Aguero and Yaya?

3. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    If yayas agent had not been a dick - his legacy would have been even greater. In our top 5 ever no doubt.

4. johnnytapia

johnnytapia

The lads I sit with can’t decide. One week we say Silva, then Serge, then YaYa, then Tevez, back to Silva then Tevex etc, etc. What a great problem to have. Shit agent aside, I think, in the years to come, we’ll look back at YaYa as the best we had through the Mancini, Pellegrini eras. Silva will also straddle the Pep era, so he may usurp YaYa for that reason alone. Yesterday when Silva did a full circle was just so hilarious. It was like he was tied to a post and the ball, unfuckingbelieveable.

5. pirate

pirate

I only saw Bell after the Buchan tackle and injury (and I was only 7). So not sure my view is any good.

My dad saw both and he thought Bell was the best he had ever seen, but he had to stop going in 2014 and was too ill to even watch on telly in the last few years, so didnt see the longevity of silva.

For what its worth my Grandad thought woosnam was better than Bell (and any other footballer who had ever lived)

6. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development

Best bit of the game. Just strolled In a circle like he was going for a walk!! Utter genius.

7. casserole of nonsense

casserole of nonsense

The quiet old guy who sits next to me laughed aloud for the whole circle, then muttered something about Arsenal being soft.

8. balotelli's back pocket

balotelli's back pocket

De bruyne has more defensive actions than any other city player this season according to those stats they show on the big screens before the game.

9. Bill

Bill

old fuddy duddy who can't work this shit yet.
    yep. this isn't a sleight on Colin, he was incredible, but we have to remember the speed and demands on players now, Dave's consistency at the level he provides is something I have never seen. i feel honoured to have seen both in my lifetime.

10. remember arthur mann

remember arthur mann

Probably in interceptions, not rough and tumble tackling.