Foreign Fans

Clubber

Under your bed, playing Monopoly with the Bogeyman
I like to see fans from Yankee doodle dandies and other places around the world on here, and find out why they started too support us, especially if it was before the money came rolling in. No matter where you are from, we have all benn through the hard times, and argued city were better than the rags, even when we were in the 3rd tier and they were winning the league.

I became a city fan because i live in manchester and my family are all city fans, so before i was born i was too become city fan. Yet people from around the globe support us, and unlike the rags, it isn't too be a glory hunter.

So if your not from england, or more specifically manchester, why did you become a city fan?

Edit - Is that better Brucie Bonus

I am the only blue Martian. Mars is known as the red planet by you Earthlings but when you get up here you'll see everyone bar me walking around with AIG shirts, a repellent colour of scarlet. It's this which makes the planet appear red in the night sky.

Online shop, is my third kit going to get here for Friday.

I didn't grow up in Manchester or anywhere near. I support City because my dad, who's side of the family are all from the north-west are all fans (bar a couple of dirty Evertonians). So he was a City fan albeit a bit of an armchair one. I always liked being different to all the plastic rags in school.

Years later City were a big part of my decision to come to Manchester for uni, now I can get for every game that my student budget allows for, tonight I'll be spending the food money!

Clubber said:
I like to see fans from america...on here

You have to call them "Yanks" mate, and say it the same way some people say "Jews" or "Nips" or "Towelheads".

Don't forget to demonstrate your insecurity through the use of very old, very tired cracks about language and sports and trivial pursuit. Always deny you are actually obsessed with the U.S., and pretend you know everything there is to know about it's politics, economics, and social structure cos, like, you watch the BBC and CNN and read stuff in the papers, innit.

When someone objects, you can lie, like this:

"It's just a bit of fun" and

"I like Americans really, it's just their / your government [which requires my approval, as I'm English, and all-wise] I hate."

"I never really minded Cookie really".

Some poor Americans, who want so much to be liked and accepted, always, but always think if they attack one another, cast aspersions on their own country, way of life &c. that'll win friends and influence people.

Of the two, I don't know which is more contemptible.

I have just posted this on another thread and because I don't often do serious type comment decided to pop it in this one two, okay here goes:

I always think it's a bit cruel how we seem to pick on City fans from another country like they have no right to be attracted to MCFC, I find it comical almost League of Gentlemenish "local club for local people".

Some of the poor sods are probably reading this thread and thinking 'I thought Mancs were suppossed to very friendly', by alienateing our selfs we are only undoing what City are trying to do and make us a big global brand.

I know what some people are scared that we will end up with a big bunch of fans with no idea of what happened to us two years previous, but we have a far reaching influence on here unlike the rags who got there fan base along time before Mr internet was world wide. What I'm trying to say is that we can influence the whole attitude of our fan base by our approach on fans forums like Bluemoon. We have a unique opportunity here to get our large foreign based fan base thinking more like a City fan and they get to feel the real living culture that is Manchester and understanding of what it means to be a City fan from City fans.

Let's not scare them away, lets instead welcome them and show them our true friendly MANC culture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.