Forgotten Clubs

Torpedo Moscow

They knocked the rags out of the UEFA Cup in the 1st round in 1992-93. Ratboy made his European debut in the 1st leg at the swamp in front of 19,998. The rags couldn't even manage 20,000 full seats that night.

30a5qwy.jpg

They knocked the rags out of the UEFA Cup in the 1st round in 1992-93. Ratboy made his European debut in the 1st leg at the swamp in front of 19,998. The rags couldn't even manage 20,000 full seats that night.

30a5qwy.jpg

I'd love that picture to be from the Torpedo Moscow game, or even Garfield T Goat-Feeder's European debut, but something tells me that wasn't in the early 90s.

Well Morton have morphed into Greenock Morton much to the shock of some on the cowshed.
In 1994 after 120 years the team Morton added the name of the town where they play and became Greenock Morton. This change was only to clarify where
we came from not because we had gone gone to the wall. It's really that simple .......not too TAXING to understand is it lol

In 1994 after 120 years the team Morton added the name of the town where they play and became Greenock Morton. This change was only to clarify where
we came from not because we had gone gone to the wall. It's really that simple .......not too TAXING to understand is it lol
Must admit I like the Scottish tradition of not being able to tell where a club is based or only partially knowing from the club name: Hearts, Hibs, Raith, QoS, Sevco, St Mirren, Celtic etc. I think it's a bit of a shame that Morton felt the need to change, no one seems to call them Greenock Morton except the TV and radio.

Must admit I like the Scottish tradition of not being able to tell where a club is based or only partially knowing from the club name: Hearts, Hibs, Raith, QoS, Sevco, St Mirren, Celtic etc. I think it's a bit of a shame that Morton felt the need to change, no one seems to call them Greenock Morton except the TV and radio.
Yes that's the way I look at it too and your right we all still just use Morton or The TON cheers Cityfan

What ever happened to Belfast Celtic? City signed a player from them - Eddie McMorran, in July 1947. He stayed for two seasons but scored only 12 goals in 33 League games.
he was supposed to solve our centre-forward problem but wasn't really much good, tho' he played for N Ireland.

What ever happened to Belfast Celtic? City signed a player from them - Eddie McMorran, in July 1947. He stayed for two seasons but scored only 12 goals in 33 League games.
he was supposed to solve our centre-forward problem but wasn't really much good, tho' he played for N Ireland.
Left the league mate in 1949 because of the sectarian problems at the time against teams such as Linfield,Glentoran,the players themselves were actually attacked during a game against Linfield on boxing Day in 1948,one player Jimmy Jones suffered a broken leg and was kicked unconscious another two players were left seriously hurt,the police at the time sat back and took no action and Celtic decided to withdraw from the Irish league at the end of the 1949 season and that was that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.