Former City player convicted of fraud

I concede that East Level 2 has a point, in that 1996-99 had some poor players, but they were often teams composed almost entirely of below average no-hopers. Sugrue perhaps stood out because he was so spectacularly bad in a team that was reasonably OK by the standards of the time. Maybe he wasn't as bad as Bobby Shinton, though, on reflection..... anyone remember that brilliant signing?

I concede that East Level 2 has a point, in that 1996-99 had some poor players, but they were often teams composed almost entirely of below average no-hopers. Sugrue perhaps stood out because he was so spectacularly bad in a team that was reasonably OK by the standards of the time. Maybe he wasn't as bad as Bobby Shinton, though, on reflection..... anyone remember that brilliant signing?
In fairness to Sugrue he was a non league player out of his depth.
But when we signed the likes of Van Blerk Ged Brannen Barry Conlon etc they were already professionals at other clubs

In fact I may rethink my post. He may be City's worst-ever player, not just one of 5. And there's plenty of competition (I give you Chris Shuker).

I thought Shuker had a future in the game but not at our level. Made 350 professional appearances with 10 years spent at Barnsley and Tranmere according to Wiki so it was just a step too high for him.

Javier Garrido, after Chelsea hammered us 6-0, had the single worst performance of any professional football player that I have ever seen before or since then.

Wayne Bridge had a few shockers.
I agree Sugrue was out of his depth. As i said, not his fault he was crap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.