Former City Player George Glendon Rape Case (NOT GUILTY)

Odd how people are making comments on why he would do in such a way, when it's already been explained what happened and the truth in no way reflects all these stupid posts which are still trying to retrospectively pin it on him.

False rape claims aren't equivalent to Glendon getting a not guilty verdict.

Not guilty means that the jury didn't believe that there was enough evidence to convict beyond reasonable doubt.

Innocent means the event questioned didn't happen.

These are not the same thing nor should they be confused. This is not how our justice system works and it's why the law system doesn't use the word innocent.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/42/schedule/1/part/I/chapter/5

Article 6, point 2: "
Everyone charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law."

Therefore as he's never been proven guilty, he is innocent. Ched Evans is "not guilty".

well, except you were arguing a technicality that he's not guilty, not innocent. As has been defined, as he has been found not guilty he is also innocent.

No, I was arguing that a court can't find somebody innocent.

It's also worth pointing out the difference between the presumption of innocence that everybody has and the proving of not guilty which has been established.

When somebody tells you that you didn't understand the point they were making and went off on a tangent, the smart thing to do isn't to repeat that tangent and say "no here's really what you were saying". I know what I saying as I wrote it. You misunderstood it.

No, I was arguing that a court can't find somebody innocent.

It's also worth pointing out the difference between the presumption of innocence that everybody has and the proving of not guilty which has been established.

When somebody tells you that you didn't understand the point they were making and went off on a tangent, the smart thing to do isn't to repeat that tangent and say "no here's really what you were saying". I know what I saying as I wrote it. You misunderstood it.

He has not raped anybody quite clearly and should be free to get on with his life as a totally innocent man. Anyone with any ounce of knowledge should be able to see that.

He has not raped anybody quite clearly and should be free to get on with his life as a totally innocent man. Anyone with any ounce of knowledge should be able to see that.

You’re missing the point we are talking semantics here. Priorities and all that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.