Forum suggestions and feedback

Strain slowing it down.

Every user has a certain number representing their name. Every thread has a number representing it and every post has a number representing it.

Very basically, threads are a collection of posts that match the thread number and shown in order of date posted.

The functionality here is to note down the number of every thread you post in. Then when you load certain pages showing the threads, replace the icon with an icon with a dot for any thread numbers that match the thread numbers that you have posted in.

However, as we have tens of thousands of threads and tens of thousands of users a record would have to be kept for every single user and every single thread and whether they combine. It's not as expensive a query as it sounds but implemented wrongly then it could hurt us server wise in terms of slowing down the site. We'll need to look into it and how best implemented in this version of the software but it is by no means impossible.

Couldn't you run it externally to the server on a spreadsheet and update it say, once every 24 hours with an sql query?

Ric knows the numbers, but they are still in place, and I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong, but we did have an unseen issue when the software changed, that those who joined before the move, were no longer counted as 'new', so a few, and its not many, have sneaked through to be able to start threads without the required amount.
Ah right, thanks. That would explain why we've had a few sleepers/rags/second usernamers able to start threads with just a handful of posts.

I tend to agree with this too, the post match threads now are dreadful, you simply can't give a proper opinion any more, as one line (often abusive) replies soon render it pointless, and its impossible to mod properly as it jumps 2 or 3 pages (5 when we lose) before you get a chance to catch up. The post Everton game was the worst I've seen.
Yep. Obviously it's worse for an away game as at home most of us are there, but I imagine as the forum has grown, home post-match threads are getting just as bad.

2. Can you lock the Yaya thread as it's full of cunts.

Don't wish to start a fresh Yaya debate here, @malg, but I tend to agree with you there! I know you and I are on opposite sides of the Yaya debate, but whereas we are capable of a reasoned, intelligent (maybe!) deabte; getting called a rag and a twat because I don't rate or like Yaya (not by you, may I add!) just puts you off even attempting to have a conversation.

Not sure if it's been asked before in this thread - but I'd love to see a 'like' button added onto the forum. Most other forums have it and it's a good way to keep the irrelevant posts out. We see lots of '+1' comments and 'good posts' that are pointless if a Like button is introduced!

Hi @Ric who's nicked my Password/account? tried to log in tonight. Nowt!! lunebleu has been my account name since 2009,. apparently now gone or 'already in use'. had to change password to get in. what's up please?

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.