Four weird decisions all against top four

By our first title winning season it was clear that we had to be ten points better than the rags to win the title- now it's far more just to finish ahead of them. Look at the lousy decisions in their favour and then those which cost us points. Hard to argue against Bill's case.

I think most of this is silly paranoia most of the time with all sorts of crank observations about how we're badly done to. But jeeez it has been suspicious how many bad results we are getting because of refs.

Anyone who thinks there is a concerted effort against us with secret meetings, money exhcanging hands, owners and refs getting together to decide who wins and who doesnt... Is probably a barmpot

I can't remember the last time we had a dodgy decision in our favour. I remember Matt Le Tissier mentioning one at Bournemouth, but other than that...

And that's the thing, if it genuinely does even out, then it's easier to take when it doesn't go against you, but I don't see that happening. Even under Pellegrini, I don't remember it being this bad.

Having said that, I didn't have a huge issue with the game against Arsenal. Rightly or wrongly, it's not unusual for a clear yellow card not to be given if it would result in the player being sent off. And while the replays show that it was a clear handball, at full speed, I definitely wouldn't have been confident enough to give it. Let's be honest, it's pretty well established that the home team generally gets the rub of the green.

I think most of this is silly paranoia most of the time with all sorts of crank observations about how we're badly done to. But jeeez it has been suspicious how many bad results we are getting because of refs.

Anyone who thinks there is a concerted effort against us with secret meetings, money exhcanging hands, owners and refs getting together to decide who wins and who doesnt... Is probably a barmpot
Well yes, but we know that certain factors affect referees. We know for example that referees will give different decisions if watching a video with the sound on and the sound off, suggesting that the fans have a clear impact. It also wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that the media reaction to decisions also subconsciously influences their decisions. Andre Marriner was unsure about the handball the other day. Which of the following scenarios do you think he would have got more media criticism for? Not giving a penalty for Man City when it was one, or giving a penalty against Arsenal when it wasn't one? I can guarantee that we never would have heard the end of it from the London media if he'd given an undeserved penalty for us. Do you not think the media witch hunt against Raheem Sterling might have contributed to how the referees treat him when he goes down for a penalty? And do you not think that the media treatment of our club in general, and the insinuation that we don't deserve to be where we are, might an affect on how we are refereed? None of it is conscious, and yet it can all have an impact in those big 50/50 decisions in a close match. We saw how in the Barcelona comeback against PSG, the referee was obviously caught up in the story and the occasion and failed to see what was pretty obvious cheating to get themselves the required goals.

So Juve didn't manage to do exactly that for years to help win multiple league and cups...
Who's doing that in the Premier League then? Because whoever they are, they're doing a pretty shit job of it. This is a bit different, because it's suggesting that there's a conspiracy against one club, not in favour of one. And obviously there's definitely a conspiracy on the part of the big clubs to protect their incomes, but they don't need cheating to do that, they just rewrite the rules in their favour, as we've seen multiple times over the past 30 years.

A colleague of mine wrote about match fixing in sumo wrestling http://www.playingpasts.co.uk/articles/general/not-pushing-their-weight-corruption-in-sumo/ I know it's not obviously related but there is beginning to be more research into fixed games by academics. They can't prove anything but by using probability and patterns of behaviour, such as how many penalties give by a named ref to a particular team compared to the average, they can point to the suggestion that something isn't quite right.

None of us have enough stats, but wouldn't it be great if we could plot every incident in a game, link it to the competing teams and the referee to see if patterns emerge which are not consistent with averages? Sky could probably do this now, but probably wouldn't want to compromise the competition. No referee or footballer is likely to say he took part in a fix of any kind, but we know it's happened in the past. We also can work out whether some refs give more to certain teams than others. At the moment we all have a feeling that something's not right, perhaps it's time to gather the stats, use probability theory and comparisons?

When I was at grammar school back in the 70s, there was still a bit of class distinction going on with the teachers. Some kids like me would roll up on public transport while others would be dropped off by daddys jag, after a while you could assess any boys status with the teachers by the teachers attitude toward said boy. I think the FA have come to view the teams in the league as a teacher may view a class full of pupils, they have their favorites,the ones from a suitable background, the ones that they like for trying etc ,and thus dish out requisite treatment to individual clubs. Unfortunately this manifests itself in general attitude towards clubs and decision making during games. Im not going into conspiracies concerning major decisions, but generally we seem to have got on the wrong side of the powers that be and maybe subconsciously are not treated as well as some clubs on or off the pitch. We are what we are and have got here by the events that have got us here. If there is any favourtism on the part of the FA or refs etc the problem can only be sorted by them changing their attitude to one of equal respect for all clubs.

A colleague of mine wrote about match fixing in sumo wrestling http://www.playingpasts.co.uk/articles/general/not-pushing-their-weight-corruption-in-sumo/ I know it's not obviously related but there is beginning to be more research into fixed games by academics. They can't prove anything but by using probability and patterns of behaviour, such as how many penalties give by a named ref to a particular team compared to the average, they can point to the suggestion that something isn't quite right.

None of us have enough stats, but wouldn't it be great if we could plot every incident in a game, link it to the competing teams and the referee to see if patterns emerge which are not consistent with averages? Sky could probably do this now, but probably wouldn't want to compromise the competition. No referee or footballer is likely to say he took part in a fix of any kind, but we know it's happened in the past. We also can work out whether some refs give more to certain teams than others. At the moment we all have a feeling that something's not right, perhaps it's time to gather the stats, use probability theory and comparisons?

There is one hell of a book to be written exposing whats going on imo Gary lol

Can anyone give me a video for the not allowed penalties for City in the matchs of Chelsea _ esp.Navas penalty _ and Everton in Goodison Park on Sterling ??

There's a thread on here ( can't recall which one, sorry ) that @Chris in London posted a number of gifs highlighting dodgy decisions, the Navas at Chelsea one is definitely in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.