Four weird decisions all against top four

Well yes, but we know that certain factors affect referees. We know for example that referees will give different decisions if watching a video with the sound on and the sound off, suggesting that the fans have a clear impact. It also wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that the media reaction to decisions also subconsciously influences their decisions. Andre Marriner was unsure about the handball the other day. Which of the following scenarios do you think he would have got more media criticism for? Not giving a penalty for Man City when it was one, or giving a penalty against Arsenal when it wasn't one? I can guarantee that we never would have heard the end of it from the London media if he'd given an undeserved penalty for us. Do you not think the media witch hunt against Raheem Sterling might have contributed to how the referees treat him when he goes down for a penalty? And do you not think that the media treatment of our club in general, and the insinuation that we don't deserve to be where we are, might an affect on how we are refereed? None of it is conscious, and yet it can all have an impact in those big 50/50 decisions in a close match. We saw how in the Barcelona comeback against PSG, the referee was obviously caught up in the story and the occasion and failed to see what was pretty obvious cheating to get themselves the required goals.
Now that makes more sense than anything I read in here. Fully with you on that

. We wont get anywhere though with the usual bullshit I hear about refs beiing paid for decisions, balls being heated up for cup draws, calls from the top of the FA to refs to stop us getting decisions.... It's all ridiculous.

What you said is much more real world and if only the club would produce some fkin stats to back it up.

A colleague of mine wrote about match fixing in sumo wrestling http://www.playingpasts.co.uk/articles/general/not-pushing-their-weight-corruption-in-sumo/ I know it's not obviously related but there is beginning to be more research into fixed games by academics. They can't prove anything but by using probability and patterns of behaviour, such as how many penalties give by a named ref to a particular team compared to the average, they can point to the suggestion that something isn't quite right.

None of us have enough stats, but wouldn't it be great if we could plot every incident in a game, link it to the competing teams and the referee to see if patterns emerge which are not consistent with averages? Sky could probably do this now, but probably wouldn't want to compromise the competition. No referee or footballer is likely to say he took part in a fix of any kind, but we know it's happened in the past. We also can work out whether some refs give more to certain teams than others. At the moment we all have a feeling that something's not right, perhaps it's time to gather the stats, use probability theory and comparisons?
So, you don't think that the FA and ref association have these numbers already? They almost certainly do and hence the 'choice' of certain refs for our games.

I can't remember the last time we had a dodgy decision in our favour. I remember Matt Le Tissier mentioning one at Bournemouth, but other than that...

And that's the thing, if it genuinely does even out, then it's easier to take when it doesn't go against you, but I don't see that happening. Even under Pellegrini, I don't remember it being this bad.

Having said that, I didn't have a huge issue with the game against Arsenal. Rightly or wrongly, it's not unusual for a clear yellow card not to be given if it would result in the player being sent off. And while the replays show that it was a clear handball, at full speed, I definitely wouldn't have been confident enough to give it. Let's be honest, it's pretty well established that the home team generally gets the rub of the green.
Unless, of course, that team is us.

I can't remember the last time we had a dodgy decision in our favour. I remember Matt Le Tissier mentioning one at Bournemouth, but other than that...

And that's the thing, if it genuinely does even out, then it's easier to take when it doesn't go against you, but I don't see that happening. Even under Pellegrini, I don't remember it being this bad.

Having said that, I didn't have a huge issue with the game against Arsenal. Rightly or wrongly, it's not unusual for a clear yellow card not to be given if it would result in the player being sent off. And while the replays show that it was a clear handball, at full speed, I definitely wouldn't have been confident enough to give it. Let's be honest, it's pretty well established that the home team generally gets the rub of the green.

Yep that is pretty well established which is why this trend bugs me.

Home against Chelsea we fouled them 14 times versus their 9 despite having 61% possession.

Home against Spurs we fouled them 10 times versus their 7 despite having 55% possession

Home against Liverpool we fouled them 14 times versus their 7 despite having 60% possession.

tomorrow game is a key game and we must not lose our heads with the FA semi final coming up the way its gone this season the ref will have us by the balls and just waiting for the first last tackle and i bet its in the book for the manchester city players even the video watchers will be working over time to see anything they can pick up and use to hurt us in the coming games and the derby is another game we don't want to be losing players so city will have to be clean as a whistle

Can you tell I have some time on my hands?

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/referees-officials.326115/page-144

Navas one is here. Worth going back a couple of pages to see some of the other decisions as well.

Going over the videos, in that thread again. I actually feel sick with rage, it's not even subtle anymore. Add to that, the "Riley show" video at the swamp a few years ago, and this is the guy in charge of these utter cnuts. As many have said, someone should compile a video, of all these dodgy decisions. Then bombard the FArce, and media, this really fucking stinks, and needs addressing fast. If I was Pep, I'd be thinking fuck the fines, enough is enough. Drag the fuckers over the coals, in front of the worlds media. Didn't seem to do whisky nose, and Maureen any harm did it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.