Frank De Boer Sacked, Roy Hodgson Hired

MCFC1993

After 4 games, pathetic.

All that bollocks about wanting to change their style, first sign of danger and they revert to type.

Roy Hodgson is now the new Palace manager.

There is a good chance if they lose their next game they won't have a point after 8 games.

Crystal Palace next 5 games:
Southampton (H)
Huddersfield (H) - League Cup
City (A)
United (A)
Chelsea (H)

Edit (just including the source):

Last edited:
That's a shame, its utterly ridiculous to sack a manager of his quality after 4 games, cant see Hodgson doing anything with that team that De-Boer couldn't do, I think its a knee jerk reaction, typical of the modern era, that they will regret.

de Boer has got de Boot

Looks like classic thick as pigshit footballers can't handle tactics other than "hoof it to the big lad and play for the knock down" getting the manager sacked.

How long will Woy get before the same happens?

Thought they were excellent yesterday and really unlucky. Reminded me of our 1-0 defeat away at Villa back in 2011; they had one chance and scored, we battered them and played brilliantly but just couldn't hit the net. Came away from the game knowing that despite losing to a lower team there were signs that we were developing into a very good footballing side.

Palace played some great football at times and the players worked their arses off, clearly playing for de Boer. They were just undone by a terrible mistake early on and some woeful finishing. Easy for me to say as non-Palace fan, but I think that with a bit more time they would have been fine this season and then could have kicked on to become a better footballing side, which I thought was kind of the point in hiring de Boer. Now they'll just revert back to the same old-school footballing manager, surviving relegation by March/April every year and playing trash football with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.