Frank Lampard - sacked by Everton

I'd love him back at the club. Obviously would have no issue if he wished to start his post-playing career at Chelsea.

Odd to think that he is Jamie Rednapp's cousin. I guess he got the lion's share of the brains (as well as football) talent) in that family!

I think he has the talent and intelligence to be a great coach, pundit or football administrator.

He may be pissed off that Chelsea showed him the door, he's also a West ham fan so there may be a opportunity there for him.

Not so sure about that. Think he pissed off a lot of Hammers when he was asked who his favourite PL clubs were...

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/frank-lampard-reveals-soft-spot-141708953.html

The Hammers are the major London club I have the most time for having lived down there for a long spell, but they really shouldn't be surprised at this. I used to go along to West Ham with a couple of mates who were Hammers when he was breaking into the side and he got terrible stick from the crowd - his old man was assistant manager at the time while the manager was his uncle, and a lot of the fans thought he was undeservedly being picked for the team only because of the family connection. They weren't shy to let him know, either. Nor did they give him particularly friendly welcomes whenever he returned with Chelsea. He gave several interviews down the years that suggested he remained aggrieved with the treatment he got from the West Ham fans.

He was very pro City last night which was extremely refreshing. Hopefully if he carries on then he will offer a little more from a tactical point of view, which you would expect him to.

I also thought Martin Keown was pretty good last night. I know a lot disagreed with his view on the penalty but there seems to be a big difference of opinion across the board. He kept his tone neutral, explained his view simply and effectively and even if his view differed from those of us with blue tinted specs, he could justify why his views differed from ours. It made a refreshing change to listen to someone who was not negative about us just because of who we are.

Ian Wright can go fuck himself though.

He was very pro City last night which was extremely refreshing. Hopefully if he carries on then he will offer a little more from a tactical point of view, which you would expect him to.

I also thought Martin Keown was pretty good last night. I know a lot disagreed with his view on the penalty but there seems to be a big difference of opinion across the board. He kept his tone neutral, explained his view simply and effectively and even if his view differed from those of us with blue tinted specs, he could justify why his views differed from ours. It made a refreshing change to listen to someone who was not negative about us just because of who we are.

Ian Wright can go fuck himself though.

I thought Keown's was very complimentary during commentary which made a refreshing change. "Colin Bell what a player he was" " Mike Summerbee a proper gentleman" two comments he didn't have to make but seemed to mean them.

The penalty was soft from a neutrals perspective, Frank was right Zab used his experience, gave the referee a decision to make and we got a rub of the green for once.

Let's not worry about the chip on his shoulder Ian Wright, if he carries on expanding surely he will soon explode. Let's hope there is no Weightwatchers wherever he lives

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.