Frank Lampard - sacked by Everton

Frank Lampard = Renaissance Man. or am I thinking of the Frank Lampard who on the night of the 9/11 attacks got pissed out of his head with John Terry and other Chelsea players at a Heathrow hotel full of grieving Americans - doing plane impressions and charging into each other. EAch to his own but he does nothing for me

Smells like a journalist this.

I'm very proud that Lampard played for City. He'll forever be known as a Chelsea legend, and quite rightly, but the way he embraced being at City was great to see. Genuine world class player, a legend of English football and top professional.

He's a very unusual man for an ex footballer. He's intelligent, articulate, and has no particular axe to grind. He makes a refreshing change. I just hope that he continues in the same vein and doesn't let the media misquoting him affect what he says in the future.
He has no future in the media with that attitude.

He's a very unusual man for an ex footballer. He's intelligent, articulate, and has no particular axe to grind. He makes a refreshing change. I just hope that he continues in the same vein and doesn't let the media misquoting him affect what he says in the future.

All that, and he's a gent. Normal, he's an ex-public schoolboy… ;-) (and I should know, because I'm one too: taken a lifetime getting over it)

I liked his calm and analytical comments and the way he stood his ground against that geordie cnut shearer who said it wasn't a penalty. He was a model professional for us, I wish him well in his next venture. He's a very likeable man, shame he won't come back to us for managerial experience. It would be such a bonus for young players to be led by him.

I personally think Lampard has the intelligence and conduct to do something more worthwhile in football. For example head off to less fortunate areas of the world and provide academies or introductory football for little ones without much opportunity. Just an opinion, clever man, very likeable, highly skilled and very calm and reserved on the face of things.

Would suit him perfectly and would be hugely beneficial when compared to him joining the mass ranks of talking heads and shit-chatters.

He was very pro City last night which was extremely refreshing. Hopefully if he carries on then he will offer a little more from a tactical point of view, which you would expect him to.

I also thought Martin Keown was pretty good last night. I know a lot disagreed with his view on the penalty but there seems to be a big difference of opinion across the board. He kept his tone neutral, explained his view simply and effectively and even if his view differed from those of us with blue tinted specs, he could justify why his views differed from ours. It made a refreshing change to listen to someone who was not negative about us just because of who we are.

Ian Wright can go fuck himself though.

Ian wright is a clown. The only reason he suddenly appeared back on screen is because he was on his uppers and Linekar put a word in for him.

Ian wright is a clown. The only reason he suddenly appeared back on screen is because he was on his uppers and Linekar put a word in for him.

Agreed, the BBC has form for losers like Ian Wright, Danny Mills and Garth Crooks steal a living and at the tax payers expense.

And I will never forget Ian Wright for stabbing Garry Cook in the back for not giving Shaun a new contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.