Franny Lee - the player

Who can forget his goal at the swamp that helped get us to that match? Stepney scrambling across his line to try and reach it. Remember it well.
Remember it was an header at the Stratford end it was a marvellous night

Worked on the railways in the late 70s franny & buzzer on the train to London walked up asked for their autograph franny said why you wearing an earring , its the fashion I said he said take it out or we will Mike jumped up put me on the floor and franny took it out I never wore an earring again

Worked on the railways in the late 70s franny & buzzer on the train to London walked up asked for their autograph franny said why you wearing an earring , its the fashion I said he said take it out or we will Mike jumped up put me on the floor and franny took it out I never wore an earring again

Ha ha great story mate!

Ha ha great story mate!
A couple of weeks later buzzers on the train with a woman I went up again said hi Mike do you need anything he said f**k off I'm just about to propose I went bright red they both started laughing they were always messing about but would always give city fans time 2 great players and great characters

Franny with his barrel chest was shit fast,but what a player and one of the hardest shots in the league at the time along with Peter Lorimer.People say he got most of his penalties from diving.For me it was Davies who got fouled the most,hence the 13 ? pens I think it was,in one season.Gutted me when he played for Derby and he scored that superb goal for them at Maine Road towards the Platt Lane.Big Joe didn`t stand a chance and those infamous MOTD sayings "just look at his face,look at his face".
He loved playing against the Rags and I was fortunate in those days to travel everywhere watching the boys and that wonderful forward line of Bell.Lee and Summerbee was a delight to watch.

8178dd818ca79ceb0e44218d27826ac4.jpg

ff2ae3590520a1546798632e50b7e518.jpg

Couple of pics I have of Mr lee

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.