Fred(Signed for United)

Status
Not open for further replies.
United's transfer policy seems to be to just buy players we're interested in rather than come up with a plan themselves. Long may it continue.

I'd be gutted if we didn't get Fred, but the player I want because of his potential, he can speak fluent English, wouldn't have to move far, is still young & more importantly is on a free is Emre Can.

He can play as a CM, CDM & CB. Getting him would make perfect sense in so many levels...
Can, Jorginho, Fabinho, De Jong or Ndombele for me

To be honest, this guy looked like one of those rare Fernandinho-type players that combines technique AND athleticism. So I'm gutted we're not getting him. He's quality and the ideal Fern replacement.

I was quite taken with the idea of signing Fred, however if it doesn't happen then Im fairly certain it'll be because we've decided to go for somebody else who we think is even better, so I'm pretty relaxed about it.

To be honest, this guy looked like one of those rare Fernandinho-type players that combines technique AND athleticism. So I'm gutted we're not getting him. He's quality and the ideal Fern replacement.
Ndombele is the same, but he is so young and is playimgphis breakout season now. So naturally it is hard to see where he'll end up.

I was quite taken with the idea of signing Fred, however if it doesn't happen then Im fairly certain it'll be because we've decided to go for somebody else who we think is even better, so I'm pretty relaxed about it.
It's probably because Shaktar and his agent are trying to cash in on interest from United.

We have shown with Sanchez that we won't be forced into an auction with them. If the player cares more about the money, than the football, he will go to Mourinho.

Pep wants players with the right attitude, to join enthusiastically into his exciting brand of football. If there are questions about the players attitude, we will back off, even if they are talented footballers that might have interested us.

Playing for Pep is a unique opportunity, it will be his loss if he goes there.

Last edited:
It's probably because Shaktar and his agent are trying to cash in on interest from United.

We have shown with Sanchez that we won't be forced into an auction with them. If the player cares more about the money, than the football, he will go to Mourinho.

Pep wants players with the right attitude, to join enthusiastically into his exciting brand of football. If there are questions about the players attitude, we will back off, even if they are talented footballers that might have interested us.

Playing for Pep is a unique opportunity, it will be his loss if he goes there.

He will only end up in tears like Pogbad, and I’m sure Sanchez is regretting his decision.

Not at all. The best parts of SMS's game are his distribution, his driving runs from deep and his aerial ability. Those are all parts of the game that Fernandinho has ample opportunities to show off in every game we play.

Looking at Mourinho doing a terrible job at coaching Pogba and saying "look at that, it'll never work" is beyond silly, 2 completely different teams, set up in different ways, asking different things of their defensive players, and 2 managers with vastly different abilities at coaching individuals to add things to their game. You cannot compare the two.

Moving SMS to pivot would no more nullify his game than moving KDB and David Silva, 2 classic number 10's, to deeper midfield positions and making them press, track back and tackle twice as much their games.

Any player in that 6 position is going to be on the ball more than anyone else in the game, and will have as many opportunities as they like to attack, covered by the fullbacks tucking in and even KDB dropping back there to start things from deeper.

I didn't say it'll never work I said you'd be nullifying the best parts of his game. I merely used Pogba as an example of my projection as they are very similar players.

Just ignoring his goalscoring?
He'll be cutting out that dribbling
He's ok in the air, should be better given his height.
Passing is indeed good

Also
David silva 15/16 - 24 appearances, 25 tackles
David Silva 17/18 - 24 appearances, not 50(twice as much as you claim) but 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.