Fred(Signed for United)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excerpt from Fred's interview to Globo Esporte (Google translate):

You have a moment of imminent transfer to English football. Have you talked to Brazilians from City?
Yes I talked with the staff in the dressing room of the National Team, they said well, that's for me to go, to play with them (laughs). They are great players and Guardiola is an excellent coach. He was English champion the other day. I'm sure my staff and my family are running after it, seeking the best place for me. The City is a great team, but I still have to wait, I do not know where I'm going. I have to stay focused because they will choose the best place for me, I'm sure.
Talked to who exactly? Can you imagine playing alongside them in England?
'' I talked to Jesus, Ederson ... We played together in the Olympic Team. They were happy for this negotiation. I imagine yes, I have that ambition. The English Championship for me is the best in the world, I want to play this championship, I really want to ''.
https://globoesporte.globo.com/fute...es-da-copa-para-nao-prejudicar-a-cabeca.ghtml
Translated: I`ll sign for whoever gives the most money

His height is the only reason why I would rather get someone else, if we only are signing one midfielder in the summer. Pep said that Merlin will play less next season, so maybe we could sign Fred and let him play as an attacking midfielder, and potentially LB? For DM I would have someone taller and stronger

For the DM it has to be Fabinho, if we are looking for a signing that can play as an attacking midfielder then we should go for Ndombele, From what i have seen, I am not impressed with Fred.

For the DM it has to be Fabinho, if we are looking for a signing that can play as an attacking midfielder then we should go for Ndombele, From what i have seen, I am not impressed with Fred.
Ndombele would be better as a DM than AM. Right now, he looks like a younger, more offensive version of Fernandinho, but I believe Pep could turn him into a world class DM

Translated: I`ll sign for whoever gives the most money
That's exactly what I thought when I saw his quote, he would be happly playing in England, but wants the biggest wage rather than looking to win trophies and improve as a player.

If I'm not wrong, Fernandinho was the best at winning aerial duels this season at City.

Wonder what issues we could have in winning second balls with a 5' 7 Fred. Not sure a short CDM/DLP makes sense unless used with another tall CDM.

Thoughts?

Completely agree, we do need a bit more height amongst our little technical wizards. We need someone who can bully wankers like Pogbad and Henderson.

He is a far better player than he is at the moment showing and there is a very good chance he will move on, he has strengths that we do not have , and his playing style Pep will understand better than Conte

Pull the other one mate, it's got bells on.

Seriously he's shite. They were so desperate to bench him they considered the lofty heights of Sam Vokes and Andy Carroll before eventually settling for Arsenal's backup striker. He's absolutely useless, like someone stretched torres on a rack and dyed his hair.

Also, he's moaned everywhere he's ever gone about not being a starter so who are you going to bench, Jesus or Aguero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.