Fred(Signed for United)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they played in a 4231, but they didn't both play defensive midfielder any more than Fernandinho and Yaya were both defensive midfielders in 13/14.
But they did both play deep, and that's all we really need. I don't deny he's not your atypical 6, but Fernandinho was more of a box-to-box midfielder than a defensive midfielder when we first signed him too. I'm sure Fred will be fine with the same restrictions.

Fred played as a DM in both games against us.

The slight 'worry' I have is I'm not sure he quite has the mobility/acceleration of Dinho to fully take on the sole DM role as well as Dinho has. In that sense he's kind of inbetween Gundogan & Dinho.

I'm sure he'll play alongside Dinho and KDB sometimes
For instance if we were to replay the Anfield game with him I think both Brazilians in CM would give us more stability without sacrificing too much in an attacking sense as Fred has a really nice pass on him and good close control

Fairly certain he's quicker than Fernandinho.

But they did both play deep, and that's all we really need. I don't deny he's not your atypical 6, but Fernandinho was more of a box-to-box midfielder than a defensive midfielder when we first signed him too. I'm sure Fred will be fine with the same restrictions.

FFS, I wish people would look at the context of a conversation before jumping in.

This has nothing to do with if Fred can play in Fernandinho's role. If you want to know what it's about, just read through the previous comments.

I wish people would learn not to argue with domalino , he's like a dog with a bone, he will never give up:),he's had more arguments on bluemoon that everyone put together :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.