Fred(Signed for United)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardo Silva is obviously the long term replacement and judging him against Merlin is unfair because he's a) settled b)playing in the actual position being discussed c) has the weight of everything he's achieved in a City shirt backing him up.

I'm sure given time Bernardo will be every bit as special, in his own unique way. Marti Perarnau gave an interview where he said Pep believes Bernie will be one of the 2 or 3 best players in the world in a couple of years, and if Pep thinks that then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I really hope you're right and he grows into the club and has as much if not more succss than David.

I'd much rather have Fred as I prefer energetic / athletic DM's. Never understood the universal praise for Weigl and especially for the fees quoted either.

I'd much rather have Fred as I prefer energetic / athletic DM's. Never understood the universal praise for Weigl and especially for the fees quoted either.
You could be late and sprint or you could anticipate and walk to the right place. Busquets walks, Dinho sprints. Barry walked, De Jong sprinted. Pirlo barely moved and is one of the finest players I've ever seen.

You could be late and sprint or you could anticipate and walk to the right place. Busquets walks, Dinho sprints. Barry walked, De Jong sprinted. Pirlo barely moved and is one of the finest players I've ever seen.

That's true. We don't need our DM to be a deep lying slow creative "Pivot/QB" though. We have enough creativity around him. We need somebody athletic as hell with stamina that plays 'box to box' with physicality and pace that can break up counters quickly/just do the dirty work and I don't think that's weigls game. I think Pep's getting away from that type of player in that role and the links with Fred kind of back that up I think. I don't know a whole lot about Fred either to be honest other than he fits the bill of what I think our system needs.

Just because you are fast, agile and athletic doesn't automatically mean you are brainless. As Dinho has proved.

Just because you are fast, agile and athletic doesn't automatically mean you are brainless. As Dinho has proved.
True, Weigl is far, far better at picking the right passes to start and continue attacks though. Stop watching him and start watching what happens in the areas he plays the ball into.

That's true. We don't need our DM to be a deep lying slow creative "Pivot/QB" though. We have enough creativity around him. We need somebody athletic as hell with stamina that plays 'box to box' with physicality and pace that can break up counters quickly/just do the dirty work and I don't think that's weigls game. I think Pep's getting away from that type of player in that role and the links with Fred kind of back that up I think. I don't know a whole lot about Fred either to be honest other than he fits the bill of what I think our system needs.
I like Fred, I really do, more than happy if we sign him. Think Weigl is a special case though tbh.

I like Fred, I really do, more than happy if we sign him. Think Weigl is a special case though tbh.

I don't get this Weigl stuff at all.

I don't watch him every week but when I do, I can't figure out what it is that he's supposed to be good at. He doesn't even seem to be one of the best players in his own team when I've seen him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.