Free text site

josh06

Right the low down..

Saturday night/Sunday morning when i got home i wanted to send a text. Had no credit so decided to use one of them free sites. The one i usually use was down so i google'd one. Anyway it asked for my number as like verification so i obliged (being very drunk at the time) Anyway a little later on they text me saying i will now be billed £6 a week for this service. I though "Oh shit" so went out to top up - to be able to unsubscribe.

So, this morning i get a text saying i have insufficient credit to pay what i owe them - which i thought was weird due to me sending "Stop" to their number. So i sent 'em an email before and they replied saying i sent "Slop" instead of "Stop" - like i said..Very drunk.

So anyway they offered to cancel it for me, and even repay me 1.50 that was already taken out..And if a further £3 does come out they will also repay that..But the thing is they have asked for my sort code, account number and also account name..Now i suppose they do need this to pay me back - but im feeling a little paranoid about giving it out to them.

So, basically what do you think i should do? I know you should never give this info out - but in fairness it is to pay back money..

Thanks Josh.

Do not send info like that, they can put the credit on your phone or send you a cheque

josh06 said:
Right the low down..

Saturday night/Sunday morning when i got home i wanted to send a text. Had no credit so decided to use one of them free sites. The one i usually use was down so i google'd one. Anyway it asked for my number as like verification so i obliged (being very drunk at the time) Anyway a little later on they text me saying i will now be billed £6 a week for this service. I though "Oh shit" so went out to top up - to be able to unsubscribe.

So, this morning i get a text saying i have insufficient credit to pay what i owe them - which i thought was weird due to me sending "Stop" to their number. So i sent 'em an email before and they replied saying i sent "Slop" instead of "Stop" - like i said..Very drunk.

So anyway they offered to cancel it for me, and even repay me 1.50 that was already taken out..And if a further £3 does come out they will also repay that..But the thing is they have asked for my sort code, account number and also account name..Now i suppose they do need this to pay me back - but im feeling a little paranoid about giving it out to them.

So, basically what do you think i should do? I know you should never give this info out - but in fairness it is to pay back money..

Thanks Josh.

Under no circumstances send anyone that kind of info. Don't do it! These guys sound extremely shady.

Whatever you used in the first place can be credited back or they can post you a cheque. They do not need the rest of the info.

pride in battle said:
YOU NEED A PASSWORD to access an account

Fancy sending me your sort-code, account number and name? ;-)

If you have a number, a sort code and an address, you can hit the (internet) shops.

Balti's write, they don't need that info and it's not a good idea to dish it out, regardless of what they can/can't do with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.