Freedom

Put the concert on last night

It lasted 30 seconds of the first “song”.

I’d forgotten that among the enchanting ballads he wrote there was a lot of execrable shite.
The opener reminded me.
And how.

He was a fantastic human being who championed amongst other causes the plight of the Palestinian people and their struggle against the oppressive apartheid state of Israel.
Don't really want to turn this thread into an Israel discussion but I can't leave your "oppressive apartheid state" comment unanswered. Would that be the oppressive apartheid state that is the only true democracy in the middle east. I don't like the current government, in particular Netanyahu, but to tar the country as an oppressive apartheid state sounds like a typical slur from those on the far left. You sound very much like a number of posters who departed a couple of years ago. Who did you used to be?

As for George Michael, my respect for him increased enormously when I found out following his death that he had given a lot of money to good causes anonymously and never sought recognition for this while he was alive.

He was a fantastic human being who championed amongst other causes the plight of the Palestinian people and their struggle against the oppressive apartheid state of Israel.

Great man, great music and he deserves to be remembered not only for his music but his humanitarian side, his principles and the confidence he gave to gay and lesbian people to come out and be proud of who they are.

Shame on the right wing homophobic press who hounded George for most of his life who as soon as he died shamelessly profited from his untimely death.

RIP George, never forgotten.
You've got to laugh at the irony here, in the 'Apartheid state of Israel' George Michael, as a gay man, would be free to
live his lifestyle as he wished, under the Palestinian jurisdiction, he most definitely would not, in fact, he probably wouldn't
last long.

Don't really want to turn this thread into an Israel discussion but I can't leave your "oppressive apartheid state" comment unanswered. Would that be the oppressive apartheid state that is the only true democracy in the middle east. I don't like the current government, in particular Netanyahu, but to tar the country as an oppressive apartheid state sounds like a typical slur from those on the far left. You sound very much like a number of posters who departed a couple of years ago. Who did you used to be?

As for George Michael, my respect for him increased enormously when I found out following his death that he had given a lot of money to good causes anonymously and never sought recognition for this while he was alive.
Out of 60,000 forum members you accuse me of being an ex member who was once banned? Poor show really, do you think out of all those members not one of them might have an opinion opposite to yours on Israel? The fact of the matter is I'm Jewish with Hungarian parentage and I visit both Israeli and Palestinian territories quite regularly with the charities I'm involved in so no, I don't think you can get into a debate with me and come out looking clever. I know all about the Israeli government and the history of the area all too well my friend but unlike you and you're myopic view, I choose to see both sides of the coin. Let's stick to paying tribute to George Michael and not point scoring for the lobby.

Out of 60,000 forum members you accuse me of being an ex member who was once banned? Poor show really, do you think out of all those members not one of them might have an opinion opposite to yours on Israel? The fact of the matter is I'm Jewish with Hungarian parentage and I visit both Israeli and Palestinian territories quite regularly with the charities I'm involved in so no, I don't think you can get into a debate with me and come out looking clever. I know all about the Israeli government and the history of the area all too well my friend but unlike you and you're myopic view, I choose to see both sides of the coin. Let's stick to paying tribute to George Michael and not point scoring for the lobby.
I reckon I could debate with you and look clever as I also know about the history of the area but this isn't the appropriate thread for it. Your cliched view of Israel uses the exact same terminology as a number of previous posters which is why I suspected you were previously a member with another name but happy to accept you're not. As for my supposedly myopic view, I've not actually expressed a detailed view just called you out on your own decidedly myopic view. If you look at Israel / Palestine through the prism of left wing Palestine supporting charities (I'm making an assumption here) you're unlikely to see both sides yourself. Well done for being Jewish; that has absolutely no relevance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.