Freedom

You've got to laugh at the irony here, in the 'Apartheid state of Israel' George Michael, as a gay man, would be free to
live his lifestyle as he wished, under the Palestinian jurisdiction, he most definitely would not, in fact, he probably wouldn't
last long.
What an absurd statement.

The last time I visited the West Bank, being gay was absolutely legal and it's only in Gaza that the British mandate still stands that outlaws LGBTs. And I'm very sure gay people are the least of their problems at the moment in that regard.

So although Israel indeed have some gay rights, the outlawing of same-sex marriage is very disappointing and needs changing in my opinion and then throw in the illegality of Jews marrying non-Jews then the notion of Israel being this utopia of tolerant liberalism falls apart at the seams.

Went to a mates funeral and his Mrs had 'their song' played, "you have been loved" by George, there was not a dry eye in the church, never heard that song before but it's been one of my favourites ever since
RIP George

Went to a mates funeral and his Mrs had 'their song' played, "you have been loved" by George, there was not a dry eye in the church, never heard that song before but it's been one of my favourites ever since
RIP George

He's written and performed some wonderful music.I'm just watching his final concert now,he was a huge talent and personality who will be sorely missed.

Always thought he was a bit of a tit, then he died and I read a few things and I was completely wrong.

Top bloke

One of the good guys.

No, the American music industry was racist, the whole reason to even have a soul & rnb (black) chart in the first place was to keep black and white artists separate. This was the only space for black artist's recognition even though the large majority of musical genres had their roots with black people, and the industry would rather a white guy do black music than the black folk themselves (see Elvis and Eminem). Also worth noting MTV's policy of not playing any black artist's music whatsoever, citing they were a rock music station (no Hendrix though), not even Michael Jackson, that all changed after Nile Rodgers, who, whilst working with Bowie, got into his head about MTV's no black policy. Bowie discussed this in 1983 and highlighted how ridiculous it was. They started to air 'Billie Jean' and the rest is history.
What? Eminem is white? :O

Always thought he was a bit of a tit, then he died and I read a few things and I was completely wrong.

Top bloke

One of the good guys.
That was exactly my thought process, especially after his driving exploits while stoned.
A good guy but flawed.

Was lucky enough to see him live a couple of times great voice and a great showman

He used to watch daytime tv and he called in to the wright stuff one morning,can't remember why
Just before he died he saw a young couple on This Morning who had been having miscarriages and were trying to get funds for a few cycles of IVF,he rang the show later on in private and offered them the funds for as many cycles as they wanted,they did and now have a baby,a true gentleman he was

He has gotten far more credit for the type of person he was after death than during his life. Shows what type of man he really was, wanting to do good things without the general public having a clue. Unlike some, making a big production of how charitable they are with not giving all that much really.

I saw George in London, at Earl's Court, for the final night of his European Tour for the Faith album. I wasn't a huge fan before seeing him perform live but definitely was after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.