From another thread about smack heads...

InvisibleMan

[A reply i posted on another forum after reeading the opinions of other posters who had just watched a prgramme about smackheads. Many of the posters work with smackheads too. Personally, i live with and grew up with people who are addicted to it so i found the thread a bit annoying. Thought i'd post my response on here to see a different opinion - what with the different erm...demographic i suppose you might call it...of this board.]

I've tried to avoid this thread as much as i can cause it's as fucking patronising as a middle class social workers meeting and if i got involved i'd only end up upsetting people who want to care but still come across as proper fucking annoying. - Just because the education system defines you as qualified to work with smack heads, or just because you've worked with a few addicts, or watched jermery fucking kyle...don't mean you know what the fuck you're on about. And don't mean you have the right to fucking patronise people with your new found knowledge. Most of the shit you here from the smack heads you're trying to help is fucking bullshit anyway...rehersed to stop you fucking going on and on and trying to help people. Fair do's, your hearts are in the right place. And that's a start. Better than being an evil conservative. But...don't kid yourselves that you know the truth vecause you've been taught the education systems version of it. If you want to help, then help. But shut the fuck up afterwards...and everyone else you lives within that truth will appreciate your effort more. You know what i mean?

But that's bang on what you've [the quoted poster] just said. Smack will give you whatever it is you never had. And if you had it but lost it, it will replace it for you.

If you go to the doctors and tell them you're depressed, and you seem like you are, they'll pump you full of addictive anti depressants. And they fuck you up. Smack n crack work in a similar way but are less destructive in a monged out don't even know who the fuck you are sort of way. If smack was prescribed there'd probably be less crime, but more smack heads.

The system requires that you get fucked up now and again. It helps us put up with the corruption that it thrives on. But it doesn't want you to be continiously fucked up...cause then you can't make them money when you work. So it gives with one hand...and then punishes with the other. The system is also aware of people who can't or don't want to be moderate...so it either locks them away backed up by its laws, or it gives them drugs that are legal and that will fuck them up enough that they cause no problem to...the system. This is why on the one hand, ciggarettes and alcohol are legal...but on the other...they keep telling you not to consume them- they want you to spend the money they give you for earning them money, and they want you to have a few days where drugs can ease the pain that comes with the realisation that you are nothing more than a slave to the commercial machine. But...they don't want you to actually enjoy yourself and fuck working off completely, or enjoy the fruits they give you for more than a weekend. Casue if you do, they'll brand you a criminal, or they'l lock you away...or they will sedate you to the point that you are no longer a threat to their ideal society.

I used to think 12 monkeys was a shit film. But there are some hidden depths to the film.

Read about half way through and felt myself drifting off.
Why do junkies get the impression that all social workers are middle class doo-gooders?
The social workers I know are working class and heavily in debt, having paid their way
through university. They care, of course they do, but only a bit.
Like the rest of us they are more concerned about paying bills, holidays, nights out etc.

It's a job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.