FTSE-100 Index

I am fucking terrible with economics so someone is going to have to explain this to me. Why is it now reaching an all time high? Was it moving in that direction before the crash? Have we done something right or not done something wrong?

What's the good and bad news here?

Damocles said:
I am fucking terrible with economics so someone is going to have to explain this to me. Why is it now reaching an all time high? Was it moving in that direction before the crash? Have we done something right or not done something wrong?

Tbh Damo, the ftse is based on sentiment and nothing else
Shares have risen dramatically in the last three years and are above pre crash levels

Considered opinion is it is due a crash bigger than 2007, personally I think the considered opinion of financial experts is worth the sum total of fuck all

squirtyflower said:
Damocles said:

Tbh Damo, the ftse is based on sentiment and nothing else
Shares have risen dramatically in the last three years and are above pre crash levels

Considered opinion is it is due a crash bigger than 2007, personally I think the considered opinion of financial experts is worth the sum total of fuck all

No. 2 in the 3:35. ;)

Im sure the Govt will hail this as great news and "proof" that the economy is indeed improving.

The opposition will say that its "proof" the economy is only working for the few not the many

Both are probably right to a degree.

Good news for those looking to sell their shares (depending on price they paid for and growth it's made) and being paid dividends.

Lol at the communist being jealous at other people's fortunes. Anybody can buy and sell shares, just like those who choose to use bonds or ISAs, it's just a lot more volatile. You snooze, you lose. Nothing to do with "the elite".

Not as great news as it sounds over all. The FTSE has historically increased even during 2008.

Damocles said:

The bad news is I only have Centrica shares which dropped 20% this week , on the back of a profit announcement and the oil price, and have almost dropped 50% in a year. The good news is I'm going to buy some more whilst it's so low!

How does the rise and fall of the FTSE correlate with employment, GDP and the like?

At all?

None?

I suppose I'd like to know how the fact that our stock market has had a lot of business done through it will effect the "average person"? Is it just that companies listed in the UK now have more investment to play about with?

foxy said:
Lol at the communist being jealous at other people's fortunes. Anybody can buy and sell shares, just like those who choose to use bonds or ISAs, it's just a lot more volatile. You snooze, you lose. Nothing to do with "the elite".

I assume this is aimed at me.

You are a fucking wierdo obsessive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.