Full Backs?

Rose and Walker are the best fullbacks in the league. Also Rose is not average defensively as has been mentioned, he's a big part of the best defence in the league for two seasons.

I never said Rose was average. I'd take him, but it will be hard getting him off Spurs. We would have to pay big money and I was stating that you could get both Southampton full backs for the price of one Spurs basically. I would take Cedric over Walker though. He's much better on the ball and would suit the way we play. He'd be my first choice right back if I had to choose. Cedric with Fabinho as cover. Fabinho would be my first choice DM.

What are the benefits of having a club developed player like say Trippier over a home grown player like Rose/Walker?

What are the benefits of having a club developed player like say Trippier over a home grown player like Rose/Walker?
In the Champions League you get 17 free slots, 4 home grown slots and 4 club developed slots. If you had 17 foreign players and 8 home grown, you'd have to leave 4 players out of the squad. If a minimum of 4 of your home grown players were club developed, you'd be able to register a full squad of 25. So next year if we're going to register a full squad, it'll be something like:

Home grown:
Delph
Sterling
Stones
Roberts

Club Developed:
Iheanacho
Garcia
Gunn
Maffeo

With 17 free slots going to foreign players. We haven't registered a full squad in Europe since 2008/09 as far as I know, so it would make a nice change.

In the Champions League you get 17 free slots, 4 home grown slots and 4 club developed slots. If you had 17 foreign players and 8 home grown, you'd have to leave 4 players out of the squad. If a minimum of 4 of your home grown players were club developed, you'd be able to register a full squad of 25. So next year if we're going to register a full squad, it'll be something like:

Home grown:
Delph
Sterling
Stones
Roberts

Club Developed:
Iheanacho
Garcia
Gunn
Maffeo

With 17 free slots going to foreign players. We haven't registered a full squad in Europe since 2008/09 as far as I know, so it would make a nice change.
That's right but aren't Iheanacho, Maffeo Garcia under 21 and don't need to be registered ? so we still probably won't be registering 25. Not that it matters if those 3 are in the match squads whether they are registered or not.

That's right but aren't Iheanacho, Maffeo Garcia under 21 and don't need to be registered ? so we still probably won't be registering 25. Not that it matters if those 3 are in the match squads whether they are registered or not.
Nacho will be 21 at the start of October, I think he'd need to go on the A list for at least the knockout stages. The other 2 are turning 20 in the summer so it would be more a case of forward planning with them to treat them as the club developed players.

I wonder if there's a remote possibility of getting Hernandez? Is he Real bound? Just watched his highlights for the first time and my jaw definitely needs fixing. This boy will surpass Alaba very soon.

I wonder if there's a remote possibility of getting Hernandez? Is he Real bound? Just watched his highlights for the first time and my jaw definitely needs fixing. This boy will surpass Alaba very soon.
Which one? Lucas or Theo? Lucas seems happy at Atleti, would be very hard to prise away. Theo is on loan at Alaves and is allegedly very unhappy that he hasn't been given any assurances over a spot for next season. Has a £20.5m release clause so he's a definite possibility.

Which one? Lucas or Theo? Lucas seems happy at Atleti, would be very hard to prise away. Theo is on loan at Alaves and is allegedly very unhappy that he hasn't been given any assurances over a spot for next season. Has a £20.5m release clause so he's a definite possibility.
Theo, as this thread is about fullbacks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.