Full Backs?

Juve used 352 to neutralize Barcelona in the champions league. Quite recently. Yes there prefer 442 a bit now but occassionally they will use to counter certain opposition.
Yes but you were talking about overall fitness, they're using wingbacks maybe one match in ten, any fullback should have the legs to play that.

We've been linked to Sandro, Kolasinac, Mendy, Gaya on the left and Walker, Fabinho and Bellerin on the right side. Of those, Kolasinac and Walker seem the most likely but has anyone seen Kolasinac play?
He's OK. Good technically, good brain, very good left foot, no pace. Basically a younger Kolarov, so most of our fans will seriously underappreciate him and harbour an irrational hatred of him.

Ghoulam can be a good signing too, He is heavily linked with Milan but he is great Left Back second best in Serie A. And will cost half of Sandro/Rose.

@WallyA and @Edwin Edwin, I enjoy these discussions but there are others who don't and whine about these types of back and forth. So best to leave it where we have it to keep the masses happy.

As to Wally's question regarding Sandro, yea I'm a bit wary of him. I think he has great tools, athletism, technical skill, speed and aggression. But a poor footballing brain. Often overdribbles, gets bogged down in toughness skirmishes with opponents. And tries the fantastic way too often. At 70 million, an unacceptable risk if you ask me. What if he never gets it?

I'm 100% sure Pep isn't interested in anyone without "a football brain", and for him to want to go all out for him, Guardiola will know he's the perfect LB for him and more than capable of understanding and delivering Peps very complex instructions.

It might not be a risk financially, but it's a huge risk if he turns out to be shit and we let teams like Everton and Southampton beat us because part of the defence is too old and slow.

We don't have a multi-billionaire owner for nothing - just pay what it takes to guarantee a huge improvement in the first XI and overtake those annoying gobshites from Stamford fucking Bridge.

Well said

@WallyA and @Edwin Edwin, I enjoy these discussions but there are others who don't and whine about these types of back and forth. So best to leave it where we have it to keep the masses happy.

As to Wally's question regarding Sandro, yea I'm a bit wary of him. I think he has great tools, athletism, technical skill, speed and aggression. But a poor footballing brain. Often overdribbles, gets bogged down in toughness skirmishes with opponents. And tries the fantastic way too often. At 70 million, an unacceptable risk if you ask me. What if he never gets it?
Dude you watching Dani Alves right now? Absolutely terrorizing Monaco.

Dani Alves looks amazing, but he is 34 (even though he has 2 more seasons left in him as it appears) i don't want us to risk with him.

Dani Alves looks amazing, but he is 34 (even though he has 2 more seasons left in him as it appears) i don't want us to risk with him.
What risk? People need to stop throwing the word 'risk' around, you clearly don't know what it means.

Nah, he's too old to be creating every second chance, assist and score goals like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.