Full Backs?

When you look at it written down you have to wonder why we left it so long and let them all get old together
Also how much prices have jumped in 6 yrs

It must be said too that as a club this summer they have backed up their statements and done what they said, in Khaldoons interview he said they would invest and true to their word they do that, clubs like Arsenal bullshit their fans and make empty promises...

It must be said too that as a club this summer they have backed up their statements and done what they said, in Khaldoons interview he said they would invest and true to their word they do that, clubs like Arsenal bullshit their fans and make empty promises...

The sheers jump in quality is staggering.

Caballero -> Ederson
Clichy -> Mendy
Zabaleta -> Walker
Sagna -> Danilo
Navas -> Silva

When you think about the wages off the books as well with Nolitio, Kolarov, Hart, Zaba, Caballero, Clichy, Navas and Sagna all leaving and Yaya on a reduced one year deal then there won't really have been that much of an increase on the wage budget. Thats without the potential departures of Mangala, Nasri, Bony, Fernando, Kelechi and Delph.

The sheers jump in quality is staggering.

Caballero -> Ederson
Clichy -> Mendy
Zabaleta -> Walker
Sagna -> Danilo
Navas -> Silva

When you think about the wages off the books as well with Nolitio, Kolarov, Hart, Zaba, Caballero, Clichy, Navas and Sagna all leaving and Yaya on a reduced one year deal then there won't really have been that much of an increase on the wage budget. Thats without the potential departures of Mangala, Nasri, Bony, Fernando, Kelechi and Delph.
They've done a good job too buying players from teams that play a similar attacking football that we do so their shouldn't be a long bedding in period, if we had bought say Luke Shaw, coming from that shit style, you might be worried, I'm excited, no excuses this year we should improve ten fold

Our squad next season is really starting to take shape:

GK- Ederson, Bravo
Defenders- Walker, Danilo, Mendy, Kompany, Otamendi, Stones
Midfielders- Yaya, Gundogan, Fernandinho, Silva, Bernardo, KdB, Sterling, Sane
Forwards- Kun, Jesus

I've excluded Fernando, Kelechi, Delph and Bony as they are supposedly close to departing to Galatasaray, Leicester, Stoke and Swansea. Now we need to figure out Nasri and Mangala's futures, I have a suspicion that both will leave on loan due to their wages. I've excluded the likes of Tosin and Roberts as they don't need to be included.

Anyway if the above is correct then we have a squad of 18 (15 foreign meaning we have 2 slots free and 3 HG so we have 1 spot free).

Looking at the players listed we absolutely need a defender and a forward before our business is done.

Still have a feeling we'll be signing another left back. I know Danilo can play there but I don't think we're taking any risks this season of leaving ourselves short i.e. no using Mangala at left back because Mendy's injured & Danilo's playing in midfield. We've also left the 3 shirt free, which could either be on purpose or have absolutely no significance...

When you look at it written down you have to wonder why we left it so long and let them all get old together
Also how much prices have jumped in 6 yrs

They did supposedly try last summer to get Theo Hernandez and Alex Sandro, I think Pep is just pretty exacting and few fullbacks can do what he demands of them, which is basically centre back, midfielder, winger and fullback all in one game.

Still have a feeling we'll be signing another left back. I know Danilo can play there but I don't think we're taking any risks this season of leaving ourselves short i.e. no using Mangala at left back because Mendy's injured & Danilo's playing in midfield. We've also left the 3 shirt free, which could either be on purpose or have absolutely no significance...
Danilo is no 3

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.