Full Backs?

It was a concern before the summer, but Alves going to PSG changed our strategy. LB, CB x 2, DM & another forward are our pressing priorities. BUT to be honest, I'd be comfortable with Delph as cover for Mendy this season, while we sort out this obvious problem in January or next summer.

Suspect it's Delph but yeah, we need a cover.

IMO we're an LB, DM, and striker short of having the ideal squad.

Danilo can play left back as well.

I think in games where we expect to be under the cosh (i.e. not many) Danilo offers a bit more solidity but in games where we have most of the ball and are trying to break teams down, i'd much rather have a left footer acting as cover as im not sure Danilo offers too much going forward on his wrong foot. Delph probably has most of the attributes to be good enough to come in now and then but i wouldn't be happy relying on him in the event of a long term injury to Mendy.

Zinchenko now he has a work permit may feature at LB/LWB for us, I think perhaps even a surprise inclusion tomorrow.

Quite concerned that we don't have a cover for Mendy. His injury record isn't the best and if we don't have a replacement, it potentially means either putting Sané or Delph in his position or changing formation.

I'd love for us to get a replacement in, my choice would be Bertrand. Don't really know any other decent left backs to be honest. We deffo need one though imo, especially after seeing Sané at that position vs Everton.
I agree. We need a 2nd LB to cover for Mendy and that seems like a reasonable position to fill in a winter window.

Hopefully Zinchenko or Delph will start as LB today, assist 2 goals and score the 3rd with clean sheet to gain the trust of Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.