Full Backs?

That is a perfect transfer if there ever was one. Will be very familiar with the style of football Pep demands. Is strong, tall, good in the air & has one of the best crosses in Serie A. In his prime & a good age as well, not to mention relatively cheap. Also comfortable playing as a WB in a three at the back formation. This season he also already has 4 assists & 2 goals in 11 apps (all comps)

More importantly, he’s also only been injured three different times in his career for a total of 37 days out. He was out for 25 days because of a forearm fracture btw. So at least he hasn’t been seriously injured in his ankle, hamstring, etc. yet

Buy him.

Exactly, he is a must buy for me in January. We can get him for a bargain price.

Exactly, he is a must buy for me in January. We can get him for a bargain price.
This is the definition of a lay-up, honestly. More experienced than Mendy (not saying he’s better) & experienced in the CL for a top side.

No brainer unless Pep wants to buy someone younger.

So we prefer our backs to be strong, good in defense and being very pacey while not requiring to be the best dribblers because they are going to mainly sprint into space?

City eyeing cut-price £3m January deal for Napoli FB Faouzi Ghoulam. He will be offered around £90k-a-week and hefty signing-on bonus. [Sun]

That is a perfect transfer if there ever was one. Will be very familiar with the style of football Pep demands. Is strong, tall, good in the air & has one of the best crosses in Serie A. In his prime & a good age as well, not to mention relatively cheap. Also comfortable playing as a WB in a three at the back formation.

This season he also already has 4 assists & 2 goals in 11 apps (Serie A & CL). Averaging 3 key passes per game. Last season he had 10 assists in 38 apps (Serie A & CL). Averaged just over 2 key passes per game (Mendy level)

More importantly, he’s also only been injured three different times in his career for a total of 37 days out. He was out for 25 days because of a forearm fracture btw. So at least he hasn’t been seriously injured in his ankle, hamstring, etc. yet

Buy him.

He sounds perfect etc. but if you were in his shoes, why would you want to come to City knowing that as soon as Mendy gets fit, he will lose his place in the first team?

He sounds perfect etc. but if you were in his shoes, why would you want to come to City knowing that as soon as Mendy gets fit, he will lose his place in the first team?
would we want any player who is scared of competing for places ??if he plays well enough he will get plenty of games

Sorry for the delay in replying, had things to do.

I personally would love for us to have decent back-up for Mendy, but that's also precisely why I don't believe he would chose to come to City, knowing that he would be mainly a back-up defender and not an automatic first choice player. Other posters have mentioned going for a young under-study type of player, someone who would not become disgruntled when not being chosen automatically for the big games, I can't help believe that Ghoulam would not be happy at taking a back seat for the big Chumps League or Premier League games to Mendy, especially as he's used to playing in such games for Napoli already, so coming here would be a backward step for him career wise.

I'm kinda impressed with the development of Jordan Lukaku. He's become visibly better in physical terms and technical quality's and plays for Lazio Roma as a as a Leftback. I do wonder if at this point the leftback is his best position, his crossing doesn't seem his best thing but tht physicallity would seem usefull in the center toghether with the strong shot he can produce.

I love Mendy but he has poor injury record. He's likely to get plenty of games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.