Full Backs?

Makes sense this Ghoulam fella, Delph and him cover till summer or until Mendy returns then we are really sorted. Only downside would be Delph being surplus to requirements unless Pep converts him to something else.

New to this thread - and sorry if it's been answered above - but, are there any realistic prospects of landing a quality fullback in the Winter window? Or is it more likely that we'll just have to get by with what we have until next Summer?

Ghoulam, for example, has been mooted - but I'd think that he'd be completely unavailable until next Summer.

I reckon Pep could sort Luke Shaw out.
Whether Utd would sell to us is another matter

I really like Luke Shaw, however I get the feeling he needs to go back to go forward if you get what I mean.

That injury I feel took it out of him psychologically, so going to a Europa League level or mid-table club, playing every week and gaining some confidence back is what think will end up happening.

I think Luke Shaw is broken and he can't be fixed. IMO he will end up playing for one of clubs happy to take Rags-cast-offs such as Sunderland or West Bromwich.

Now Raphaël Guerreiro s back from injury he'll be one to keep an eye on at Dortmund. If he gets back to the level he was pre-injury then he'd be a very capable LW, LB and defensive midfielder for us, the kind of player Pep would absolutely kill for.

Unfortunately for Luke Shaw, his time at United has coincided with back to back appointments of two of the most snidey bullies in world football. That combined with a horrific injury, which his current manager has used as a stick to beat him with (as he has other players in the past) has meant he really stood little chance. Agree with those who say he may need to take a step back in order to move forward. I think there's a half decent player in there but he probably needs a couple seasons at a mid table club where can rebuild his reputation and his confidence.

Unfortunately for Luke Shaw, his time at United has coincided with back to back appointments of two of the most snidey bullies in world football. That combined with a horrific injury, which his current manager has used as a stick to beat him with (as he has other players in the past) has meant he really stood little chance. Agree with those who say he may need to take a step back in order to move forward. I think there's a half decent player in there but he probably needs a couple seasons at a mid table club where can rebuild his reputation and his confidence.

You can't blame Van Gaal for Luke Shaw's troubles, he played him nearly every week and declared it was going to be the year of Luke Shaw just before his injury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.