Full Backs?

Assuming were not going to throw money at the Fab Delph -Benj Mendy size problem on the left and weve loaned out the EDS player in Angelino who may or may not have helped us out of the shit, anyone else think its an idea to offer Bacary Sagna a 6 month contract??? Might be able to step in when we need strenghtening defensively and let Zincenko play when were up against bus parkers???
Not saying hed be my dream signing, not even saying hes a great left back - might even be a step back - but hes currently without a club and knows the team inside out (dont know about his fitness mind) and right now weve got a huge problem in that position. (more so than up front)

Just a thought whilst not playing fantasy football thinking well get Betrand, Tierney or Sessegnon in this window with 2 weeks to go.

You want us to play Sagna at LB?

Whats this nonce about Danny Rose "in advance talk with Manchester City"? Timpers update got all going frenzy , i reckon its just some lad pulling a joke on him..pity

We need to buy a quality left back. Don’t think Angelino is the answer.

Delph is injury prone and has done a great job for us but maybe it would be best to move him on the summer. I’m sure his value has gone up. The fact is he is not a LB and not good enough to play in the middle for us. Love the lad but this is the best decision.

Mendy is injured and sorry to say but will likely have more injuries in the future so we need a real quality back up.

We need to buy a quality left back. Don’t think Angelino is the answer.

Delph is injury prone and has done a great job for us but maybe it would be best to move him on the summer. I’m sure his value has gone up. The fact is he is not a LB and not good enough to play in the middle for us. Love the lad but this is the best decision.

Mendy is injured and sorry to say but will likely have more injuries in the future so we need a real quality back up.

How do you know Mendy will have more injuries? Ok, I mean all players get injured but the odd week or two out is ok, especially with Delph playing so well. I think we were just unlucky Mendy got such a bad one so early in his career here. He'll be ok when he's back, might even be playing again in a couple of months.

I think Delph has been superb at LB this season, can definitely be our back up there to Mendy.

How do you know Mendy will have more injuries? Ok, I mean all players get injured but the odd week or two out is ok, especially with Delph playing so well. I think we were just unlucky Mendy got such a bad one so early in his career here. He'll be ok when he's back, might even be playing again in a couple of months.

I think Delph has been superb at LB this season, can definitely be our back up there to Mendy.

I mean Delph has done well but it’s clear we are less dangerous when he plays instead of a LB that would overlap and put in crosses. This adds another dimension to our attack so I would prefer if we can get one like that.

Mendy had some injury problems before joining and now this serious one. I hope he can stay fit all season but his explosiveness and frame along with injury history makes me think he will be out for some small periods of the season, two or three weeks here and there. Hope I’m wrong though.

@Easy, do you mean a new LB should be bought right now, during winter window?

Yes if our targets are available now it would be ideal if not leave it until summer.

Delph has fitness concerns and we are much much weaker when Danilo plays. Top teams target Delph as they know he is not a LB and this is even more so with Danilo.

Based on current rumors looks like we will wait until summer. This and lack of cover for Fern could be our demise in the CL this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.