Full Backs?

May I suggest an out of the box left back option: Saul Niguez. He often plays midfield for Athletico. But dude would be a sweet LB.

Pep will likely keep Zaba till his contract runs out, and maybe Kolarov too.
But i can't see him making room for Clichy and Sagna.
These two bare the same weakness : they have a great defensive game but represent no threat in attack.

But watching Pep at Bayern his fullbacks don't bomb forward. Lahm actually tucks in and acts as another midfielder. Korarov doesn't have enough possession skills to play in Pep's system.

It will be hard to find better fullbacks than Clichy & Sagna.

I think Van der Wiel is available for free, he is good enough to compete with Zaba or Sagna.
Aaron Cresswell has huge potential, I personally would love to see him at City.

But watching Pep at Bayern his fullbacks don't bomb forward. Lahm actually tucks in and acts as another midfielder. Korarov doesn't have enough possession skills to play in Pep's system.

It is not at all a question of bombing forward, but rather being able as you said to keep the ball moving during builds-up, bringing clever movements around the box,
hugging the line to provide a fixation point to stretch opposition defense, and deliver great crosses.
I think Kolarov would do ok.

Aaron Cresswell has huge potential, I personally would love to see him at City.

All about opinions but I think he's awful defensively. Better options available - his ply asset is a British passport.

It is not at all a question of bombing forward, but rather being able as you said to keep the ball moving during builds-up, bringing clever movements around the box,
hugging the line to provide a fixation point to stretch opposition defense, and deliver great crosses.
I think Kolarov would do ok.
Those qualities you just stated, and I've bolded are the core of Kolarov's weaknesses. He can put in a mean cross, bomb forward to support, great in the air, and actually decent in the tackle. Average defender, average positioning, poor passing skills, and shit at quick tight space buildups.

It will be hard to find better fullbacks than Clichy & Sagna.

I think Van der Wiel is available for free, he is good enough to compete with Zaba or Sagna.

I noticed too how everyone missed that first sentence. If Danni Alves is still running round like a kid at Barca then I'm pretty sure Gael and Bacary will be able to do it for City.

Out of interest, who would any of you swap for Clichy or Sagna?
Danny Rose possibly, but can't think of many more off the top of my shiny head.

In an average season domestically, these two must be up for our POTY with Sagna getting the nod.
He has been outstanding this season and I've loved watching the lad play and prove thousands of City fans wrong.

I noticed too how everyone missed that first sentence. If Danni Alves is still running round like a kid at Barca then I'm pretty sure Gael and Bacary will be able to do it for City.

Out of interest, who would any of you swap for Clichy or Sagna?
Danny Rose possibly, but can't think of many more off the top of my shiny head.

In an average season domestically, these two must be up for our POTY with Sagna getting the nod.
He has been outstanding this season and I've loved watching the lad play and prove thousands of City fans wrong.
Saul Niguez for Clichy. Mitchell Weiser for Sagna. I don't think either would be that expensive too. Well maybe Saul, coz Athletico rates him as a top utility player.

I don't see Kolarov being a Pep player. He cannot defend to the level we require & his control of a football at times is poor, he needs too much time to control the ball, even with a wonderful attacking left foot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.