Full Backs?

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by balotelli's back pocket, 11 Apr 2016.

1. domalino

domalino

Interesting list but your unknown up and comers include Sergi Roberto? 25 year old starting RB of Barcelona? Truly a hidden gem you've uncovered there Dax ;)

2. Dax777

Dax777

Lol. If you read the blurb on him, Cancelo was the "lesser known" but since he is going to Barca, Roberto might be interested. Unlikely, as Barca might just keep both. Perhaps I'll take him.out and add Passlack, Semedo or the Brazilian from the Olympics. But haven't been as impressed with Semedo, haven't seen the Brazilian outside of the Olympics and Passlack is at a top club already. So Roberto it is. Besides I kinda like Roberto. :)

3. domalino

domalino

I suspect Pep would love to have a player like Roberto, we all know how much he loves positional flexibility.

Barca won't be getting rid of him though. I thought there might have been a chance last summer but now he's the default RB it's unlikely.

4. Kompany is King

Kompany is King

Interesting post Dax 777. Certainly hope we sign 2 full backs.

5. Dax777

Dax777

Yep. if it was up to me I'd probably go Grimaldo, Perreirra, Zichencho and Karsdorp. I think those 4 will be perfect. Perreirra and Zichencho being utility players who back up Grimaldo and Karsdorp while playing in other positions. (DM and AM and Winger)

Play Grimaldo and Karsdorp as Fullbacks and Zichencho and Perreirra as wingbacks or emergency fullbacks.

6. Maldeika

Maldeika

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mitchell Weiser has a history with Pep. He came as an 18-year-old to Bayern - played for the U23 (training with the first team very often) and went on a half year loan to Kaiserslautern were he played okayish. I do not know what happened then but he was more into enjoying Munich and the social life than he was working for his career. When he asked to help the U23 for the relegation matches for the third league he declined because he now was a first teamer and went in holidays. But - in his last year at Bayern he made a turnaround. He was on the verge of risking his career. And he really played well in the last half season and got some match time from Guardiola - and often benched Mario Götze - as a winger. (He can play both)

If he would have shown the professional attitude during the full time at Bayern he probably would have gotten a new contract (maybe they offered him one at the end but going to Hertha without fee probably had financial advantages, too - and Bayern still meant only a bench place behind Robben, Lahm etc.).

But - he seems to hold that "new" attitude in Berlin where he went last season and is a candidate for the German team.

7. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

@Dax777

You need to watch our boy a bit more,his name is Zinchenko ;-)

8. Dax777

Dax777

Ah! Yes it is.

9. Larry Stranger

Larry Stranger

Cedric Soares at Southampton keep on impressing me at rb every time I watch him. He's got pace, is good on the ball and can defend reasonably well. He also would be an attainable target.

10. richards30

richards30

fabinho for RB and alex sandro for LB for be amazing