Full Backs?

I really rate Gaya but he does have defensive weaknesses and I can guarantee you he'd need time to settle in the prem and there's no way the fans will afford him that.
I think he would be fantastically suited to this league as a wing back (Cancelo on the other side wouldn't be too bad either) and this deal could be on . Looking at Pep's philosophy I would guess if will be 3 at the back with something like Stones, Van Dijk and Laporte.

When you can sign the fullbacks of the fourth worst defense in La Liga in a 50m+ swoop, you've just got to.

I think Gaya and Cancelo would both be good additions, both can shift and both are very good technically, they play almost as wingers which would be perfect for Pep's 3 at the back. Wouldn't get ripped off either (in comparison to Rose) and both are big improvements on what we have (not hard).

Would take Cancelo though interestingly he has been playing RW recently(Montoya RB). Gaya is just naff on top of being constantly injured, no thanks.

Doesn't surprise me that Pep's interested in Cancelo, looks like Dani Alves did at Barca in Pep's days, this season:

Would love that rumour to be true, massive fan of Cancelo and if Gaya can get back to where he was when he first broke into the Valencia team, before the shitshow of Peter Lim managed to completely destroy the team, they could be our fullbacks for a long time. Both better going forward than back, but more importantly they both have the athleticism to actually attack and defend. The balance of Cancelo and Maffeo as our two long term righbacks would be outstanding, one for all out attack and the other for more defensive games.

Valencia fans would probably literally riot if it happened though, they are right on the edge as it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.