Full Backs?

Love the look of that Cancelo... let's just hope the other fullbacks as quick as he is!!

Here's to some rioting Valencians in the next coupla weeks!!

Cancelo is absolutely dreadful and we should avoid like the plague. He doesn't have a defensive bone in his body.

Does Alonso at Chelsea? See how that's worked for them with a solid back 3... think the fullback debate hinges heavily on the recruitment at centre half really, cos Pep will under no circumstances build with a back 4 in mind going forward I reckon. Just my thinking, and this kid looks like he's got an engine, amazing pace and can stand a player up. What you think dude?

Anyone got an opinion on Roberts at Hull and Tinery at Celtic? Both were highly rated and maybe cope better with the rigors of the PL..

Apologies if ive spealt their names wrong, im on my phone.

What have Hull or Celtic got to do with anything. Would MK Dons have got ruled out for Ali.

Let's be very frank. We've an immense scouting network. We're recruiting the best kids in world football.

Now we can't get em all, some to rivals and some don't make the grade, only to develop later. But the odds for those are tiny.

They end up at Hull or even worse, at Celtic. Maybe 2% of these have a chance at a top club, depending on age, needs of clubs etc.

But jumping from Celtic or Hull to a top team and being good enough is nigh on impossible. Even Van Dijk would have flopped. He needed a few years at Southampton to get up to speed.

So let these players go to West Ham. Sunderland. Southampton.

If they prove it there, we'll go in for them then. Because we wouldn't be saving much by letting them prove themselves first.

Let's be very frank. We've an immense scouting network. We're recruiting the best kids in world football.

Now we can't get em all, some to rivals and some don't make the grade, only to develop later. But the odds for those are tiny.

They end up at Hull or even worse, at Celtic. Maybe 2% of these have a chance at a top club, depending on age, needs of clubs etc.

But jumping from Celtic or Hull to a top team and being good enough is nigh on impossible. Even Van Dijk would have flopped. He needed a few years at Southampton to get up to speed.

So let these players go to West Ham. Sunderland. Southampton.

If they prove it there, we'll go in for them then. Because we wouldn't be saving much by letting them prove themselves first.

Well in the case of Van Dijk if we'd have got him from Celtic we'd be saving roughly £38m if the price of £50m is to be believed.

Valencia are 17th in the table now, therefore I am not sure if their full backs are good enough for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.