Funny Games, The Film

Philbo

Was watching tele last night and there was an advertisement for Funny Games with Naomi Watts. It's on DVD but was it screened in cinemas?

The reason I ask is I watched the Original i think from Germany made in 1997 as part of my Media Studies course at college. It was pretty gruesome. But a really good film.

Bigga I know you'll have seen the original, is it better than the one?! xxx

For your info, young Phillip, the director, Michael Haneke, remade the film exactly scene by scene, even using the same kitchen! So the rumour goes.

Anyway, to port it into english, well it's anybody's guess if something is lost in translation.

Re-edit: I didn't think it had been released yet, as I was waiting for the film, myself! It came out last year?!! Wow. Will have a watch over the weekend, Philbo.

Bigga said:
For your info, young Phillip, the director, Michael Haneke, remade the film exactly scene by scene, even using the same kitchen! So the rumour goes.

Anyway, to port it into english, well it's anybody's guess if something is lost in translation.

oh that's well good!! I'll be getting the dvd then. Although i think the original will be that bit more scary and unusual because of the subtitles.

Have you seen it?

The original was too scary to get a censorship wasn't it? Until he put some comedy moments in? Is that true too?

Very good film (the original)

I try and stay away form US remakes, but will give this a chance if you recommend it.

Cheers

OxB

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.